I'm looking to purchase a breathable tailored cover for the XJS and was wondering if anyone could please advise me what make and which company and rough cost!
Preferably one that I can utilise for both indoor and outdoor would be my preference
cheers
Dougie
XJS 4.L 1993
Merc S320
Tailored Car Cover
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Tailored Car Cover
Hi I bought a full cover for my convertible from KWE but found that, outside, the wind would blow the cover and it started to scuff the paint. I settled for having a top only cover which I had made to fit the car. it keeps the rain out, hood clean and protects the interior from uv. Haven't paid for it yet so can't give you a cost. Usual prices for full covers (one size fits all to semi tailored) are from, I think, £75-£150. If you want fully tailored best bet will be a trimming company. I will ask the guy that made mine to see if I can pass on his details and let you know tomorrow, it's not their usual type of work.
Tailored Car Cover
Have a look at http://www.thecovercompany.co.uk/
I have used one of their "Noah" covers for 2 years now.
It needs extra straps (available) to keep the ends from blowing off in a real gale but it is multilayer, breathable,and fully tailored.
The inner layer is soft and does not scratch the paintwork.
Highly recommended.
I have used one of their "Noah" covers for 2 years now.
It needs extra straps (available) to keep the ends from blowing off in a real gale but it is multilayer, breathable,and fully tailored.
The inner layer is soft and does not scratch the paintwork.
Highly recommended.
Tailored Car Cover
I've also had the scuffed paintwork problem with my cover (cover craft). It only occurred on the roof front where there was a seam and disappears with a polish (not cutting compound) so is very mild.
It is enough for me to fit the cover only in the worst conditions now.
It is enough for me to fit the cover only in the worst conditions now.
Tailored Car Cover
I noticed on Ebay the "Covercraft" monsoon type cover seems to get a good right up from previous buyers!
There are 3 types supplied by this manufacturer Voyager, Monsoon and Stormforce, which was the one you purchased!
There are 3 types supplied by this manufacturer Voyager, Monsoon and Stormforce, which was the one you purchased!
Tailored Car Cover
Had a dig around to find the old receipt......couldn't find it. But I've found the instructions for use and its a Weathershield cover, Not a Weathershield HP as currently advertised (it was bought about 3 years ago) but is still made from Nextec. Hope this helps.
Tailored Car Cover
Appreciate you going to all that trouble, thanks for that.
Will hunt about and see what else I can find online or if anyone else has previous experiences with the covers.
Will hunt about and see what else I can find online or if anyone else has previous experiences with the covers.
Tailored Car Cover
i have a bright red one from the car cover company which fits very well and looks great on. before putting the cover on make sure your car is as clean and dry as possible, and keep the inside of the cover spotlessly clean being careful to keep it off the ground when putting it on and off. this will reduce the risk of abrasion of the paintwork.
Tailored Car Cover
Hi Brod,
Thanks for the info and nice to see that folk look over older topics from months back, reassuring.
Anyway I still have not purchased anything as yet been looking at all the various options available on the market and of course people like yourself who have first hand experiences!
Additionally, a couple of my collegues from the USA put me onto some websites out there and basically much more attractive price, same products, compared to the UK so might see if they will bring back!
Out of curiosity what did you pay for it!
Regards
Dougie
Thanks for the info and nice to see that folk look over older topics from months back, reassuring.
Anyway I still have not purchased anything as yet been looking at all the various options available on the market and of course people like yourself who have first hand experiences!
Additionally, a couple of my collegues from the USA put me onto some websites out there and basically much more attractive price, same products, compared to the UK so might see if they will bring back!
Out of curiosity what did you pay for it!
Regards
Dougie
Dougie
93 XJS 4.0L Solvent Blue Coupe.
62 Range Rover Autobiography Sport
93 XJS 4.0L Solvent Blue Coupe.
62 Range Rover Autobiography Sport
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests
