XJS V12 Manual Conversion & ITB's & Maybe TWR Rep
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 am
My first post here so please be gentle!
I've been plotting and scheming about buying an XJS for £10-15K and then modifying it tastefully.
I'd love a Lister XJS but that seems to be a little out of budget, £60K for a good one now it seems. I'd need to sell two other cars I like to get close to that.
These guys do a manual conversion:
https://simplyperformance.com/v12-5-speed-conversi...
I was then thinking of fitting individual throttle bodies and a fruity exhaust, no doubt at considerable cost. Perhaps run it using something like and Omex 710 ECU.
I have some experience with this as I fitted an Omex 600, Throttle bodies and twin coil packs to my 1966 Alfa Giulia, it's been great over the last three years.
The TWR rep bit I'm not sure about, I do idolise the 1984 TWR XJS, but I don't want to look too naff.
Has anyone driven a manual V12 XJS conversion?
I want to create something that looks and sounds mean but in a well thought out form.
Biggest question is, which car would be the best to modify? Engine wise there seems to be the Pre He 5.3 (too old and scarce?) HE 5.3, 6.0 TWR or the later Jaguar 6.0 unit?
Then there are different models over the years, eg the Le Mans special edition etc. Do some of them have a LSD?
Thoughts?
I've been plotting and scheming about buying an XJS for £10-15K and then modifying it tastefully.
I'd love a Lister XJS but that seems to be a little out of budget, £60K for a good one now it seems. I'd need to sell two other cars I like to get close to that.
These guys do a manual conversion:
https://simplyperformance.com/v12-5-speed-conversi...
I was then thinking of fitting individual throttle bodies and a fruity exhaust, no doubt at considerable cost. Perhaps run it using something like and Omex 710 ECU.
I have some experience with this as I fitted an Omex 600, Throttle bodies and twin coil packs to my 1966 Alfa Giulia, it's been great over the last three years.
The TWR rep bit I'm not sure about, I do idolise the 1984 TWR XJS, but I don't want to look too naff.
Has anyone driven a manual V12 XJS conversion?
I want to create something that looks and sounds mean but in a well thought out form.
Biggest question is, which car would be the best to modify? Engine wise there seems to be the Pre He 5.3 (too old and scarce?) HE 5.3, 6.0 TWR or the later Jaguar 6.0 unit?
Then there are different models over the years, eg the Le Mans special edition etc. Do some of them have a LSD?
Thoughts?