Page 1 of 1

Starting the New Year...

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am
by ptjs1
As many of you know, my XJS gets used all year round, nearly always with the roof down. So, with a bright day dawning on New Years Day, I decided that the car needed to go for a blast down to the coast. Roof down, sunglasses on, we had a great 100 mile drive down to East Wittering in Sussex and relived the memories of my youth visiting the beach and even finding the holiday home that I stayed in in the 60s!

The next day, we decided to pop in to Goodwood and although there was no activity happening at the circuit on the day, it's still a wonderfully peaceful nostalgic place.

So a good start to the year and a good excuse for the cat to stretch its legs. Our cars need to be used, so let's find any excuse to get them on the road!

Paul

Re: Starting the New Year...

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 am
by J44EAG
I wouldn`t let Boultbee`s park that Spitfire in your boot, Paul...it wrecks the paint finish!

Mike

Re: Starting the New Year...

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 am
by davidr
Well done Paul. Like you, I keep my XJS taxed year round and there are opportunities to get out if you have the right mindset. The current dry weather lends itself to getting out and giving the car a run when there's no salt on the road.
I'm hoping I can get out this weekend :D