Starting the New Year...

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent
Starting the New Year...

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am

As many of you know, my XJS gets used all year round, nearly always with the roof down. So, with a bright day dawning on New Years Day, I decided that the car needed to go for a blast down to the coast. Roof down, sunglasses on, we had a great 100 mile drive down to East Wittering in Sussex and relived the memories of my youth visiting the beach and even finding the holiday home that I stayed in in the 60s!

The next day, we decided to pop in to Goodwood and although there was no activity happening at the circuit on the day, it's still a wonderfully peaceful nostalgic place.

So a good start to the year and a good excuse for the cat to stretch its legs. Our cars need to be used, so let's find any excuse to get them on the road!

Paul
Attachments
m_IMG_20190102_105431v2.jpg
IMG_20190102_105954.jpg
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Starting the New Year...

Postby J44EAG » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 am

I wouldn`t let Boultbee`s park that Spitfire in your boot, Paul...it wrecks the paint finish!

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Starting the New Year...

Postby davidr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 am

Well done Paul. Like you, I keep my XJS taxed year round and there are opportunities to get out if you have the right mindset. The current dry weather lends itself to getting out and giving the car a run when there's no salt on the road.
I'm hoping I can get out this weekend :D
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests