Some still uneconomical to repair?

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Jaguar5993

Member
Posts:134
Joined:Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm
Location:Petersfield
Some still uneconomical to repair?

Postby Jaguar5993 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:02 am

IMG_3330.jpeg
Hello,
Noticed this sad pair on eBay today, from £99 for parts.
This is happening more now with these XJS’s.
Imagine if they were a couple of E-Types piled on top of each other. Ok …probably if it was 1972 with two rusty 3.8’s.
I guess it might been down to, too far gone, cost and availability of good parts and an increasing number of folks actually having the ‘know-how’ or tools to repair these cars.
I am sure some of you will have a view on this.
I think a few might even take these on, but why pile them on top of each other.
Apart from JEC events, I have not seen a XJS on the road for at least a year now.
‘Keep the restorations going!’ :)
Last edited by Jaguar5993 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick W.
1995 XJS 6.0 V12 Coupe

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: Some still uneconomical to repair?

Postby Andy P » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Hello Nicholas.
I think I've seen only one on the road in the last five years down here in the South Hams,Devon.
Its a shame to see them like that :(
Take care.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests