Hi everyone.
The time is arrived for me to replace all four tyres on my 1990 XJS convertible V12, fitted with the original 15 inch lattice alloys. I’ve had a look through those posts which talk about tyre choice and I’ve done a fair amount of research online, and it seems that there is a small amount of latitude when it comes to width etc. The tyres currently fitted are 215/70/R15 V rated.
I’ve finally settled on 225/60/R15 V rated Falken Ziex ZE310Ecorun tyres as being the best balance of performance and price. However, I would welcome any thoughts the members here may have concerning my selection. Many thanks.
Stephen
New boots
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
-
landscapesofwales559

- Posts:5
- Joined:Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm
- Location:Chester
- Contact:
Re: New boots
The 215/70 are certainly incorrect, originals were Pirelli P600 235/60 which are often still available but at high cost.
The Falcon ZE310 seem to be what most choose now and I'm looking to use these myself this time around. I've had 225 before and apart from the speedo being slightly different they perform just as well.
KWE like Falcons https://www.kwecars.com/jaguar-tech-cen ... j-saloons/ even if they haven't updated their website - still showing the previous, now updated, model.
The Falcon ZE310 seem to be what most choose now and I'm looking to use these myself this time around. I've had 225 before and apart from the speedo being slightly different they perform just as well.
KWE like Falcons https://www.kwecars.com/jaguar-tech-cen ... j-saloons/ even if they haven't updated their website - still showing the previous, now updated, model.
Re: New boots
Good plan - I've got a set of 5 Falkens waiting to go on once I've had the wheels refurbished.
I'll miss the look of the original P600s but they're just far too much money. Maybe when I win the lottery I'll look at putting them on my XK180.
Demon Tweeks had the best price for the Falkens when I looked about 6 months ago.
I'll miss the look of the original P600s but they're just far too much money. Maybe when I win the lottery I'll look at putting them on my XK180.
Demon Tweeks had the best price for the Falkens when I looked about 6 months ago.
-
landscapesofwales559

- Posts:5
- Joined:Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm
- Location:Chester
- Contact:
Re: New boots
Thanks for your replies. I am ordering the tyres and fitting this week.
Regards
Stephen
Regards
Stephen
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests