Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company? Seem very friendly and approachable, and focused on XJS. Just looking for feedback.
Cheers.
M
Just XJS
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Just XJS
Yes, I have dealings with Andy, top bloke, nothing but good to report, have fun
Re: Just XJS
I've not done anything with them myself but have only heard good things so I would say you can have confidence in them
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Just XJS
I've also sourced stuff from Andy Harvey. Sound guy.
Paul
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
- DrSebWilkes
- Posts:68
- Joined:Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm
- Location:Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Just XJS
EDIT: While I won't deny I had my list of not-great experiences, the way I phrased them was a little extravagant and superfluous to requirement and so it's probably best I delete what I originally wrote.
Last edited by DrSebWilkes on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Seb Wilkes, 17, with a 92 XJS. Links: My YouTube channel & XJS webpage, JaguarXJS.net Feel free to have a look

Re: Just XJS
First of all I don't know this firm and have never dealt or spoken to them.by DrSebWilkes » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm
Original quotation removed to reflect orginal authors intention - RJB.
There is a fine line between outlining a personal opinion and posting libelous or defamatory comment. I can see nothing in the forum rules and regs, maybe there should be, but common sence suggests we need to take care in what we write.
Re: Just XJS
Just reading this and thought I'd add a very small experience re 'Just XJS' - I had cause to contact them via their online query form earlier in the year with a question along the lines of 'I'm looking for part x - would you happen to have any or is there anywhere else you could suggest if you don't; are these difficult to source...' etc - all I had back was 'We don't have any'. Well thanks for that.
Don't think I'll trouble their door again...
Don't think I'll trouble their door again...
Richard
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
Re: Just XJS
Hi
Having just come across this thread I have to say I am very surprised by a couple of comments, I have used Andy many times over the last few years and found him to be very helpful, friendly and nothing less than professional.
Regards
Charlie
Having just come across this thread I have to say I am very surprised by a couple of comments, I have used Andy many times over the last few years and found him to be very helpful, friendly and nothing less than professional.
Regards
Charlie
Re: Just XJS
For the attention of Seb Wilkes and any other interested parties.
I am sorry that you feel the service by Just XJS Ltd is not up to standard and you have not had a good experience when dealing with me. For this I would like to think you would accept a full and unreserved apology
Forgive me if I have not replied in good time to your comments, I rarely visit forums and can't remember if I have ever contributed to any particular body in the past. The reason I am replying now is that the contents of this forum and your comments in particular have been brought to my attention. This is in no way a criticism of forums nor indeed the people who contribute to them. It’s just not my thing.
In reply to your criticism of bad service well yes there does seem to have been an unfortunate chain of events, which have left you in a dissatisfied state. In mitigation I am a one man band working long hours in an effort to process the huge workloads created by running a spares/restoration and car sales business single handedly. Occasionally things get missed and overlooked. Efforts are being made to eradicate these shortcomings so it will not happen again, once again apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Assessment of your car was based on the information I was given by you and influenced on cold hard facts and years of experience. I have had many customers who have started restorations and then been slowly ground down by the amount of work and financial outlay involved. I was merely making you aware of the task ahead . The fact that you have persevered and brought an XJS back to life is commendable.
In no way shape or form was I trying to poach the car in question from you, I have a yard full of cars and more work than I can realistically process in the years to come, I will always take the opportunity to purchase scrap cars or abandoned projects if offered. I will in no way shape or form ever try to influence the sale by demoralizing the seller; it is not the done thing and is not in my nature.
You say other people you have met other people in ‘real life’ who are of the same opinion of you, who are these people? I spend a lot of time in the ‘real world’ experiencing real people and real transactions. Everyone I have met face-to-face and dealt with on a personal level have always appeared to go away very happy. I am proud to say that I also have a large body of returning customers.
You stated in you post that you feel you are in the minority in your bad experience with me and Just XJS Ltd. Given the subsequent replies on the same forum, my 100% eBay feedback and the unseen communications of thanks from customers far and wide I would like to think that this is definitely the case.
The fact that you have decided to air your grievances on a public stage whilst also making personal and inflammatory remarks about my character is somewhat regrettable and in my opinion unwise. In fact you have already been warned by a fellow contributor about your actions, I would like to think that you have taken this persons advice in good spirit.
Kind regards Andy Harvey, Just XJS Ltd.
I am sorry that you feel the service by Just XJS Ltd is not up to standard and you have not had a good experience when dealing with me. For this I would like to think you would accept a full and unreserved apology
Forgive me if I have not replied in good time to your comments, I rarely visit forums and can't remember if I have ever contributed to any particular body in the past. The reason I am replying now is that the contents of this forum and your comments in particular have been brought to my attention. This is in no way a criticism of forums nor indeed the people who contribute to them. It’s just not my thing.
In reply to your criticism of bad service well yes there does seem to have been an unfortunate chain of events, which have left you in a dissatisfied state. In mitigation I am a one man band working long hours in an effort to process the huge workloads created by running a spares/restoration and car sales business single handedly. Occasionally things get missed and overlooked. Efforts are being made to eradicate these shortcomings so it will not happen again, once again apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Assessment of your car was based on the information I was given by you and influenced on cold hard facts and years of experience. I have had many customers who have started restorations and then been slowly ground down by the amount of work and financial outlay involved. I was merely making you aware of the task ahead . The fact that you have persevered and brought an XJS back to life is commendable.
In no way shape or form was I trying to poach the car in question from you, I have a yard full of cars and more work than I can realistically process in the years to come, I will always take the opportunity to purchase scrap cars or abandoned projects if offered. I will in no way shape or form ever try to influence the sale by demoralizing the seller; it is not the done thing and is not in my nature.
You say other people you have met other people in ‘real life’ who are of the same opinion of you, who are these people? I spend a lot of time in the ‘real world’ experiencing real people and real transactions. Everyone I have met face-to-face and dealt with on a personal level have always appeared to go away very happy. I am proud to say that I also have a large body of returning customers.
You stated in you post that you feel you are in the minority in your bad experience with me and Just XJS Ltd. Given the subsequent replies on the same forum, my 100% eBay feedback and the unseen communications of thanks from customers far and wide I would like to think that this is definitely the case.
The fact that you have decided to air your grievances on a public stage whilst also making personal and inflammatory remarks about my character is somewhat regrettable and in my opinion unwise. In fact you have already been warned by a fellow contributor about your actions, I would like to think that you have taken this persons advice in good spirit.
Kind regards Andy Harvey, Just XJS Ltd.
Re: Just XJS
Andy - many thanks for your detailed reply. There is always a balance to be struck in that we should allow members to speak as they find but we don't want this forum used in a way that could unfairly affect the reputation of a business or individual and nor do we want it used for the public airing of trade disputes that should be settled in private.
There have been instances where highly inflammatory comments have been made about businesses and individuals and we (the Moderators) have taken them down and tried to mediate the disputes offline.
For the sake of members reading this, I think that the fact Andy has taken the time and trouble to post a considered and reasonable response speaks volumes and, for me, demonstrates that his reputation is important to him and that customer service is a priority. There will always be times when things don't go so well and misunderstandings arise but we shouldn't get those out of proportion.
Andy - you say that forums aren't your thing but you would be very welcome to contribute to this one and I hope you do. Your knowledge would be very interesting for members and there will be opportunities for you here. For example we frequently have members looking for parts.
We should be supporting people like Andy who are helping us to keep our cars going!
Regards
David Randall
There have been instances where highly inflammatory comments have been made about businesses and individuals and we (the Moderators) have taken them down and tried to mediate the disputes offline.
For the sake of members reading this, I think that the fact Andy has taken the time and trouble to post a considered and reasonable response speaks volumes and, for me, demonstrates that his reputation is important to him and that customer service is a priority. There will always be times when things don't go so well and misunderstandings arise but we shouldn't get those out of proportion.
Andy - you say that forums aren't your thing but you would be very welcome to contribute to this one and I hope you do. Your knowledge would be very interesting for members and there will be opportunities for you here. For example we frequently have members looking for parts.
We should be supporting people like Andy who are helping us to keep our cars going!
Regards
David Randall
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Just XJS
thanks David, your comments are much appreciated, I am happy to help out where I can,
Andy
Andy
Re: Just XJS
I have only used just xjs once and I was really pleased with the outcome. I contacted them to help me find 2 qtr light window supports. Andy said he might have them and said he would check his stock. He came back to me stating he had them and best of all they were a great price. It is a pity he is winding down his stock.
- DrSebWilkes
- Posts:68
- Joined:Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm
- Location:Cheshire
- Contact:
Re: Just XJS
Well looking back on it, I definitely was a bit OTT and actually I do apologise. There is a fine line between recounting an experience and creating a horror story and I overstepped the mark looking back on it, hence as I said, I am sorry.
I hope we can set food anew, and I'll try to forget about all the past events. I don't know why I somehow have got the wrong end of the stick, but if other people seem to not get it then good on them really. Whether I like it or loathe it, Andy is the foremost man for anything XJS and will almost certainly have anything one wants in stock - gotta give the man credit where its due. In fact, I'm one of his "returning customers" believe it or not, and I follow him on eBay.
Just the way the world is I suppose. Best of luck, chap.
EDIT: I editted my post above to reflect this change in view.
I hope we can set food anew, and I'll try to forget about all the past events. I don't know why I somehow have got the wrong end of the stick, but if other people seem to not get it then good on them really. Whether I like it or loathe it, Andy is the foremost man for anything XJS and will almost certainly have anything one wants in stock - gotta give the man credit where its due. In fact, I'm one of his "returning customers" believe it or not, and I follow him on eBay.
Just the way the world is I suppose. Best of luck, chap.
EDIT: I editted my post above to reflect this change in view.
I'm Seb Wilkes, 17, with a 92 XJS. Links: My YouTube channel & XJS webpage, JaguarXJS.net Feel free to have a look

Re: Just XJS
Seb - thanks for that. I think you've done the right thing.
How is your car coming along?
How is your car coming along?
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

