Dash back in and other jobs

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

barefoot
Posts:13
Joined:Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 pm
Dash back in and other jobs

Postby barefoot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm

I posted in Air Con re taking my dash out to sort out the vents not working and my air con plus I was going to recolor the dash green to match my leather. Well as usual it turned out to be a big job it didn't help that the 2nd hand dash i bought off eBay to paint was different to mine when I got it off! The top one below that I had painted was different around the steering column to my original which I never realised when I bought it.

Image

Image

I then had Paul (Leather Revive) redo my original he has matched the colour really well.

Image

Taking the dash out was time consuming but after looking at the old one I had bought made it easier finding the 4 bolts holding it on.

Image

The air con drier bottle and expansion valve (a pig to take out) were found to be faulty and the fresh air flap stuck tight plus some wiring/piping adrift behind the dash. The unit was re gassed and all working fine.

Image

Then the green dash was refitted and I put some green leather round the gear shift.

Image

Image

I am really pleased with the dash it does not show up great in the pic below but the difference between the old black and new green looks factory fresh.

Image

And to top it off I bought a private reg for £650, which included the transfer fee of over £100, again off eBay which with my car being the 6 cylinder 3.6 it looks appropriate.

Image

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Dash back in and other jobs

Postby ptjs1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm

barefoot,

Great-looking job! Taking the dash out to fix the aircon is quite a daunting job! I know one guy who dismantled one then got depressed about his ability to put it back together and gave the job to a professional!

The re-coloured elements of the interior set teh car off really nicely (in my opinion!).

Well done!

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests