Page 1 of 1

x300 manual gearbox - gear selector leather knob

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:22 pm
by Peter.T
I purchased a 1995 X300 with a manual gearbox just over four years ago. The leather cover on the gear selector knob has now worn through to the bare metal. Main Jaguar dealers don't seem to stock them, so can anyone direct me to any outlet that does. Or alternatively, to a company that will carry out a refurbishment.

Re: x300 manual gearbox - gear selector leather knob

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 pm
by ptjs1
Peter,

As you've discovered, Jaguar Classic Parts do not have any stock of these (and haven't had for some time. I think you've got 3 options:

- a 2nd-hand one in better condition than your own. Phone all the usual Jaguar breakers.
- Adapting a similar unit from something like an XJS, X-type or XJ40
- Get yours remade with new leather by an interior upholsterer. I know a guy who could do this but don't know how much he'd charge. Let me know if you need his details.

Good luck

Paul