Interior Drivers Door Lever
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
-
supersonic62

- Posts:67
- Joined:Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 pm
- Location:cambs
Hello, On taking car for mot today on arrival I couldn`t open the car door and the lever seemed loose with no resistance and I had to open the window and open door from the outside. I had just been to the petrol station minutes earlier and didn`t have a problem. When left mot station I went to adjust the seat as they change the position at the garage and the switches wouldn`t work, and on the vcm it showed circuit 2 failure. I havn`t had any problems with the electrics in the eight years I have owned the car( probably just lucky ) I was wondering if these two problems are related. I would be grateful if anyone has experience of these problems could give me some advice ,the good thing was it passed the mot,regards Paul, ( model is June 1989 Pre Ford )
-
supersonic62

- Posts:67
- Joined:Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 pm
- Location:cambs
Re: Interior Drivers Door Lever
Hi, on looking at the interior lever it was the cable that hooks into the back of the lever that had come out and continued to do so until I used a cable tie to hold it in place and after operating said lever several times appears to be doing the job for now even if only a temp job.At least it wasn`t a broken handle ! And the fuse a 25amp had blown was the one which operates the electric drivers seat and yes is situated passenger side, so all is well once again, thanks, regards Paul
Re: Interior Drivers Door Lever
Glad you got it sorted,it's always nice when you sort out problems yourself.
Congratulations on the M.O.T. pass as well.
Enjoy your car.
Take care.
Andy
Congratulations on the M.O.T. pass as well.
Enjoy your car.
Take care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Interior Drivers Door Lever
Simple fixes for a change then.
It just shows it’s always worth checking the free/ easiest solutions without assuming the worst.
It just shows it’s always worth checking the free/ easiest solutions without assuming the worst.
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
93 3.2S-4.0S Man conv
93 4.0 Sov
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
96 X306 4.0 XJR
96 X300 Daimler Six LWB
97 X300 Sport 4.0 Manual
00 LR Discovery 2 TD5 ES A
03 X350 4.2 XJR
BREAKING various X300/ XJ40/ X308
92 4.0 XJR Manual
93 3.2S-4.0S Man conv
93 4.0 Sov
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
96 X306 4.0 XJR
96 X300 Daimler Six LWB
97 X300 Sport 4.0 Manual
00 LR Discovery 2 TD5 ES A
03 X350 4.2 XJR
BREAKING various X300/ XJ40/ X308
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests