Door open warning light staying on

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

nicholls-a5119

Member
Posts:18
Joined:Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm
Door open warning light staying on

Postby nicholls-a5119 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi, I have a 1989 XJ40 Sovereign. I have found the warning light for a door open is staying on although all the doors are correctly closed. Today I checked through all fuses. None are blown. I thought I had cured it but it come on and stayed on after opening the front passenger door. This is my first Jag and I note there are no door plunger switches to check so not sure how this electrical system works. Also, I note that all the rubber gators that encase the looms running form the body to the doors are split. I am not too worried about this as all the wires look in good order with no chafing found. The car is relatively young in mileage being 36000. Any advice, thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.
Alan.

User avatar
robv12

Member
Posts:2080
Joined:Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am
Location:scottish borders

Re: Door open warning light staying on

Postby robv12 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am

stands a good chance of being a faulty lock mechanism, low mileage equals little use, equals flakey electrics, especially on early XJ40!!

nicholls-a5119

Member
Posts:18
Joined:Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Door open warning light staying on

Postby nicholls-a5119 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Noted Rob, thanks. I attended my first club meet tonight and mentioned this problem and was told it was likely to be the micro switch on the door lock, which totally fits in with your thoughts. Today it has gone out!! So will keep an eye on it.

Regards,

Al


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest