Heater illumination bulbs

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

User avatar
Freebird
Posts:22
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Heater illumination bulbs

Postby Freebird » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 am

Hi all

The bulbs illuminating the heater temperature readout have both expired which is annoying now that it's constantly dark.

Hopefully this link will take you to a photo of the offending bulb, it has a brown base.

Image

Does anyone know where I can buy some?

Cheers

Glen.
1996 XJ6 3.2 Executive
1969 Triumph Vitesse Convertible too.

Merstham, Surrey.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Glen,

I changed several dash bulbs, on my last X300, and I have several left over. Not sure if they will work, but happy to send them to you as no use to me now. Send me a personal message with address and will post.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

User avatar
Freebird
Posts:22
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby Freebird » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Glen,

I changed several dash bulbs, on my last X300, and I have several left over. Not sure if they will work, but happy to send them to you as no use to me now. Send me a personal message with address and will post.
Wow, brilliant. Thanks mate. PM sent.
1996 XJ6 3.2 Executive
1969 Triumph Vitesse Convertible too.

Merstham, Surrey.

User avatar
Freebird
Posts:22
Joined:Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby Freebird » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi Glen,

I changed several dash bulbs, on my last X300, and I have several left over. Not sure if they will work, but happy to send them to you as no use to me now. Send me a personal message with address and will post.
Hi Andy

The bulbs arrived today and now everything works. I can't thanks you enough.

For future reference the brown ones are part number JLM11965.

Cheers

Glen.
1996 XJ6 3.2 Executive
1969 Triumph Vitesse Convertible too.

Merstham, Surrey.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:44 pm

You are welcome Glen, someone could make use of them!
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:44 pm

'glad' missing there..
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

tattonpark6
Posts:22
Joined:Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby tattonpark6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:37 am

I have lost the lighting on my heater panel, X300 1996 Executive, radio and clock all lit, you lads seem to know the way around the bulb changes, how do I do I start chaps? Thanks in anticipation. Ron. York City.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Ron,

Others will be able to better answer, as mine were done a few years ago now! From memory, the whole central panel comes out easily enough, there are videos on YouTube showing how, if you can't find let me know and will send a link. Once out it is quite easy to remove the heater control panel and then you can access the bulbs, alas I forget where I got the bulbs from though, plenty of suppliers though, try Eurojag.

Andy.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

tattonpark6
Posts:22
Joined:Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby tattonpark6 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:22 am

Andy, thanks for all that, the video is clear, once the ski-slope is out of the way, we are in luck, I will wait till the temp rises a bit, and order some bulbs prior. Take care.
Ron.York city.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Heater illumination bulbs

Postby andypryce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 am

Good luck, it's easy once you've done it! One thing to watch, the console holding the controls is bulky and just held by 4 screws at each corner, be sure to make sure it is well supported when removing those screws to avoid damaging the screw holders. Once they are out it should just slide out.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest