Seat Belts
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
After many years now have our 1966 Mark Two back on the road. When getting a Warrant of Fitness (I live in NZ) the examiner made the comment that the seat belts ( I have the 3 point fixing ones)should have a hook at the top where it is attached to the B pillar to hang the belt on when not in use. Did they ever have something attached to the belt or bolt to achieve this. Very quiet here in NZ. We are in complete lockdown.
Re: Seat Belts
By pure chance I served part of my automotive apprenticeship with the company that dyed and treated seat belt webbing. Although the company did not handle the seat belt hardware we did experience many types of seat belts in cars as I was mandated to have each car fitted with belts, from 1960.
Two main belt park arrangements were used, with exceptions for two door cars. Either the park arrangement was by a hook attached to the B pillar onto which the belt tongue engaged. Or a similar arrangement with the hook(s) on the belt itself adjacent to the B pillar, to which the belt tongue, hooked on.
If you contact one of the seat belt suppliers in NZ they should be able to supply hooks. Much will depend on the shape of the belt tongue, some have no centre cut away to attach the belt tongue to the hooks.
In my own case I have used strong circular magnets attached to the pillars on my rear belts; these hold the belt tongues in the parked positions and may prove to be an answer for your situation on front belts. I have front inertia reel belts so no need for front park arrangements in my case.
Two main belt park arrangements were used, with exceptions for two door cars. Either the park arrangement was by a hook attached to the B pillar onto which the belt tongue engaged. Or a similar arrangement with the hook(s) on the belt itself adjacent to the B pillar, to which the belt tongue, hooked on.
If you contact one of the seat belt suppliers in NZ they should be able to supply hooks. Much will depend on the shape of the belt tongue, some have no centre cut away to attach the belt tongue to the hooks.
In my own case I have used strong circular magnets attached to the pillars on my rear belts; these hold the belt tongues in the parked positions and may prove to be an answer for your situation on front belts. I have front inertia reel belts so no need for front park arrangements in my case.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
