Page 1 of 1

Installing car audio

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:44 pm
by vegas602
Hi, I'm looking to install a new radio/speakers into my 1968 340 auto. The original radio and centre speaker were broken and removed and the car was retrimmed prior to me buying it, so is bit of a blank canvas. I will probably put a fairly standard modern radio/mp3 player in the original radio spot, but haven't really found a suitable spot for a pair of small speakers. I had assumed they would go in the side trim panels in the front footwells, but there is a blanking plate there so very little room. Has anyone found an ideal spot?

Re: Installing car audio

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:55 am
by Martec
Hi,

I found the two blanking plates in the footwell ideal for the job, I took them out, cut a large hole in to tightly fit a round margerine tub and sealed it in so it was water tight.

Then cut a hole in the trimmed panel to take the speaker. With one in each footwell and one either side of the rear parcel shelf that works well with a modern radio/CD player in the lower dash.

Brian