S-type/420 seats

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

sam011

Member
Posts:18
Joined:Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm
S-type/420 seats

Postby sam011 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:32 pm

Hello all, I have a 1968 s-type and wish to change the seats, I have seen a set of leather seats (mine are ambla) but they are from a 420, are the 420 seats different to the s-type or a straight swap. Also would it make a difference between manual and automatic.
Many thanks for any help

rogersouthern626

Member
Posts:5
Joined:Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:10 pm
Location:Isle of Man

Re: S-type/420 seats

Postby rogersouthern626 » Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:37 am

Maybe late to the party but the seats are basically the same design except that 420s have ventilated pleat panels rather than the plain ones in an S Type. There is no difference between manual and auto as far as seats are concerned and they should be a straight swop. Bear in mind this is an opinion as I've not actually tried to do it.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest