Page 1 of 1

Veneer part 2

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:16 pm
by lilium
Hi guys, many thanks for the help you gave me, unfortunately these were either too expensive an option or I could only buy bundles of veneer!(£230) After nearly giving up and looking at an expensive replacements I have found a great company from Leighton Buzzard. Their website address is http://www.thewoodveneerhub.co.uk They sale all types of veneers and are very helpful. I hope this helps anyone who needs their ski slope repaired. Now the search on line to find out how to varnish and lacquer it. Already have a tip on glueing it to the ski slope, after you have stuck the veneer onto the slope or any other part, take it to your local butcher and get him to vacuum pack it. This will give it a super bond to the surface. Although any sharp bits will need taping up otherwise the plastic bag will rip when vacuumed
Darren

Re: Veneer part 2

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 pm
by dhdove
This is a reasonable DIY fix, here's an Ed China tutorial.... (10.58 min)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWEDD19xq3g

Best
TonyS

Re: Veneer part 2

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 pm
by Simont485
Are you sure the veneer is damaged? I have had some veneer pieces re-lacquered, for another car, at a local French Polishers at a reasonable price. They looked terrible, cracked and faded but under the lacquerer the veneer was perfect!

Just google French Polishers with your location and see what comes up!