Page 1 of 1

Veneer

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am
by lilium
Hi there, could anybody tell me where it is possible to buy Elm burr veneer as time has come to replaced mine
Many thanks Darren

Re: Veneer

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am
by PPV
Hi, I am not sure where you are but near to me (Nantwich, Cheshire) is a very good supplier (bearing in mind Bentley is just down the road) and the website is:
http://www.nantwichveneers.com/nantwichveneers/
They are on e-bay also.
I have no experience of elm burr veneer but have used walnut on my Jag.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Paul

Re: Veneer

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 am
by ptjs1
Darren,

If you contact Paul at Myrtle, they will be able to supply the correct matched veneers for you.

http://www.myrtleltd.com/jaguar-daimler ... 66_78.html

Good luck

Paul

Re: Veneer

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm
by davidr
I have an elm veneer set for a late convertible. New and unused. What year is your car?

Re: Veneer

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am
by lilium
Hi David, I have two that need doing one is a 1987 xjsc and the other is a 1990 fhc.

Re: Veneer

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:26 pm
by davidr
The one I have is for a later model with airbag so no good for you I'm afraid.
Paul at Myrtle made it for me when I was getting my Celebration back on the road. It's a lovely piece of work but I decided that as the restoration of my car was going so well that I should have a change of heart and keep it original so I had my woodwork restored by Nick Martin (07977 741889). He did a lovely job.
He also recently did the steering wheel for me and all the wood from my XKR - again a beautiful job.
The cost of new would be about £500 I think for a whole set and restoration of your existing set would be just over half that at a guess.
Nick is worth a call. The wood from the Celebration was pretty poor before he got his hands on it. He had to repair cracks and even some missing veneer where it got water damaged. Well you can't even see the repair now!
Hope that helps
David

Re: Veneer

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 pm
by lilium
Many thanks for your help David, I will give him a call.