Page 1 of 1

XJS Lister Parts/Interior

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:29 pm
by Neddie
Can you still get Lister interiors? I need a black carpet trimmed in Magnolia and a new roof lining.
Any ideas?

Re: XJS Lister Parts/Interior

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 am
by jBlackwell
Hi,
Not sure about if you can get them, I would recommend you talk to these guys though, seriously good.

http://www.car-hood.co.uk/content.php?nID=2&cID=47

They can usually help with most things.

James

Re: XJS Lister Parts/Interior

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:03 am
by davidr
Neddie - I assume that the carpets in your Lister are to a standard XJS pattern? I had a carpet set made up by Aldridge Trimming last year for my Celebration Convertible. They hold a large number of patterns (as Jaguar changed them frequently) so were able to match mine. To make double sure they asked me to send them my old carpets both so they could check and to re-use the heel mats to give an original look. The set they made for me fitted perfectly and look superb and the price was very reasonable. I was impressed by their attention to detail and the effort they went to in ensuring that they got exactly the right shape, carpet type and colour and matched the edging correctly.
You can find their contact details on www.aldridge.co.uk
Hope that helps
Regards
David

PS. I'm not connected to Aldridge - just a satisfied customer!

Re: XJS Lister Parts/Interior

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 pm
by ptjs1
Neddie,

The interior on your Lister will be mostly standard Jaguar XJS coupled with some bespoke Lister-made components. As you know, Lister don't have produce anything so you will have to source replacemnet bespoke elements through trim suppliers such as Aldridge.

Sadly, Jaguar themselves hold very limited stock of any trim items and chose to sell off container loads of the remaining seats, carpets, trim etc many years ago, so even standard original trim is very hard to find. Another alternative is to use a local coachtrimmer to replicate any bespoke items.

Good luck

Paul