Just scouring eBay as you do and a thought I've had before came back to me re glove boxes.
I had one in my 91 facelift, but of course they were dropped in the later models for the airbag.
Has anyone ever retrofitted the facelift glivebox into a later model? Ignoring the wood matching up, is this possible, does anyone know?
Glove box fitting
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Richard
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
Re: Glove box fitting
Richard,
It is technically possible to fit one to an airbag car. I've read about a couple of US owners who say they've done it, but I haven't seen a write-up or pics. Personally, I'd rather keep the airbag.
Jaguar did make an optional glovebox accessory for airbag cars which fitted in place of the lower kickpanel. I saw one once about 10 years ago and should have bought it. I've never seen one since!
Cheers
Paul
It is technically possible to fit one to an airbag car. I've read about a couple of US owners who say they've done it, but I haven't seen a write-up or pics. Personally, I'd rather keep the airbag.
Jaguar did make an optional glovebox accessory for airbag cars which fitted in place of the lower kickpanel. I saw one once about 10 years ago and should have bought it. I've never seen one since!
Cheers
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Re: Glove box fitting
Thanks Paul.
Personally I'd rather have the glove box as a) it's handy for storage (obvs!), b) the airbag probably doesn't work now and c) the airbag set up looks poor anyway as it looks like a sealed up glove box with the knob removed - aesthetically it's quite poor and is clearly shoehorned into an existing recess rather than the cabin designed with this in mind from the start. Quite subjective though of course.
I haven't heard of the kickpanel positioned glovebox - very interesting.
Personally I'd rather have the glove box as a) it's handy for storage (obvs!), b) the airbag probably doesn't work now and c) the airbag set up looks poor anyway as it looks like a sealed up glove box with the knob removed - aesthetically it's quite poor and is clearly shoehorned into an existing recess rather than the cabin designed with this in mind from the start. Quite subjective though of course.
I haven't heard of the kickpanel positioned glovebox - very interesting.
Richard
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
1995 4.0 XJS (Celebration) Coupe Topaz/Cream
2013 2.2 XF Sportbrake (Prem Lux) Cashmere/Charcoal
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
