Hi my heated seats dont work. light on switch comes on but no heat. the lumbar support works. I haven't started investigating yet so looking for pointers.
regards,
Scott
seat heating
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: seat heating
Scott,
Look through the wiring diagram first as it's possible that the seat switch light can activate even if the seat fuse is blown.
So, check fuse. If intact, then check for voltage at the heater element. The heater elements are known to burn out after many years.
Good luck
Paul
Look through the wiring diagram first as it's possible that the seat switch light can activate even if the seat fuse is blown.
So, check fuse. If intact, then check for voltage at the heater element. The heater elements are known to burn out after many years.
Good luck
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Re: seat heating
Hi Scott - I had an issue on mine with the thermostat in the seat base. The soldered joint was rather brittle and broke.
If you try a continuity test between the two pins on the connector you'll see if the heater circuit in the seat is open. If so, the thermostat is worth a look.
I think I posted a fix on here but it would have been many moons ago
If you try a continuity test between the two pins on the connector you'll see if the heater circuit in the seat is open. If so, the thermostat is worth a look.
I think I posted a fix on here but it would have been many moons ago
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
-
Johnscotty22

- Posts:23
- Joined:Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am
Re: seat heating
hi guys, thanks for that. I'll check it out over the next few days,
Regards,
Scott
Regards,
Scott
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
