Page 1 of 1
Fixing foot well carpets
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:16 pm
by mgj11
I wondering if anyone knows the best way to re-attach the carpet to the floor (drivers side) as the original velcor doesn't seem to be holding and the carpet keep slipping forward. The carpet is in good nick so I don't really want to replace it. Thanks in advance
Re: Fixing foot well carpets
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm
by XJR-S
Do your front carpets have the holes for the turn buckles? I got a new set of turn buckles from Jaguar for about £3. If not, perhaps some of that non-slip rubber matting off ebay like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULTI-PURPOSE ... SwT6pV7X-C
Re: Fixing foot well carpets
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:17 pm
by mgj11
Thanks, Haven't got the turn buckles, but will try the non slip mat.
Re: Fixing foot well carpets
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm
by poprivet
I know how you feel MJ, I've the same problem, especially with the passenger side, the underfelt is supposed to be held down by metal tabs and the carpet velcroed to the felt but past water damage has rotted it all away leaving the remnants of carpet looking like a dog's blanket. I don't know if suitable replacements are available as there always seems to be something more important that needs money throwing at first.
If someone has a carpet whipping and industrial sewing machine to hand I reakon they could start up quite a good little business.
Re: Fixing foot well carpets
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:13 pm
by Brakebuster
I wondering if anyone knows the best way to re-attach the carpet to the floor (drivers side) as the original velcor doesn't seem to be holding and the carpet keep slipping forward. The carpet is in good nick so I don't really want to replace it. Thanks in advance
buy some velcro ?
very cheap and easy to stick on , and a few securing stitches ?
don't fall at the first hurdle
BB