Fixing foot well carpets

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

mgj11
Posts:12
Joined:Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:22 pm
Fixing foot well carpets

Postby mgj11 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:16 pm

I wondering if anyone knows the best way to re-attach the carpet to the floor (drivers side) as the original velcor doesn't seem to be holding and the carpet keep slipping forward. The carpet is in good nick so I don't really want to replace it. Thanks in advance
MGJ
-------------
1992 XJS 4L Coupe
2005 X Type 2L diesel

XJR-S

Member
Posts:198
Joined:Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Re: Fixing foot well carpets

Postby XJR-S » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Do your front carpets have the holes for the turn buckles? I got a new set of turn buckles from Jaguar for about £3. If not, perhaps some of that non-slip rubber matting off ebay like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULTI-PURPOSE ... SwT6pV7X-C
1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12

mgj11
Posts:12
Joined:Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Fixing foot well carpets

Postby mgj11 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks, Haven't got the turn buckles, but will try the non slip mat.
MGJ
-------------
1992 XJS 4L Coupe
2005 X Type 2L diesel

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Fixing foot well carpets

Postby poprivet » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm

I know how you feel MJ, I've the same problem, especially with the passenger side, the underfelt is supposed to be held down by metal tabs and the carpet velcroed to the felt but past water damage has rotted it all away leaving the remnants of carpet looking like a dog's blanket. I don't know if suitable replacements are available as there always seems to be something more important that needs money throwing at first.

If someone has a carpet whipping and industrial sewing machine to hand I reakon they could start up quite a good little business.

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Fixing foot well carpets

Postby Brakebuster » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:13 pm

I wondering if anyone knows the best way to re-attach the carpet to the floor (drivers side) as the original velcor doesn't seem to be holding and the carpet keep slipping forward. The carpet is in good nick so I don't really want to replace it. Thanks in advance

buy some velcro ?

very cheap and easy to stick on , and a few securing stitches ?


don't fall at the first hurdle

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest