Hello,
Can the trip computer be added to cars without it?
Thanks
TRIP COMPUTER
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: TRIP COMPUTER
Generally yes. I did with my 1996 Celebration. The wiring was all there. I just had to get the right veneer piece to make it look right.
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: TRIP COMPUTER
What car Viper?
They vary. The 3.6 has the wiring plug for it even if it has the analogue clock fitted. The V12 may need a tranducer also. The wood panel will also need changing and achieving a good result may be difficult.
Personally, I think the green led display is a poor match to the rest of the instrumentation and it's a bit of a novelty that gets ignored fairly quickly so I prefer the clock, but each to their own.
They vary. The 3.6 has the wiring plug for it even if it has the analogue clock fitted. The V12 may need a tranducer also. The wood panel will also need changing and achieving a good result may be difficult.
Personally, I think the green led display is a poor match to the rest of the instrumentation and it's a bit of a novelty that gets ignored fairly quickly so I prefer the clock, but each to their own.
Re: TRIP COMPUTER
It looks a good deal better in the face-lift variant.
Nick
Nick
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

