I recently purchased an X351 diesel 2016 which now has 16,450 miles on the clock. The Main Dealer service indicated oil change, fuel filter and some other filter changes. The dealer quoted close on £500 so I went to my trusted local garage however he is having trouble resetting the service indicator.
Can this be done with a sequence involving ignition and certain buttons.
Should I be concerned? I know when the next service is due.
Any help appreciated.
Ken
Reset Service Indicator
Moderator:ct575
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
Re: Reset Service Indicator
Hi Ken,
I'm afraid as far as I know this is a dealer only function(no reset procedure within the car),or with a good code reader, that you'd need to purchase,you can reset it yourself.
Such as the iCarsoft LR II Land Rover/Jaguar Obd Scanner Tool,couple of links for you:
https://ljmcardiagnostics.co.uk/product ... and-jaguar
http://www.ukprodiagnostics.co.uk/pages ... 108123.cfm
Or there is the DA-Dongle SIR:
https://www.diagnostic-associates.com/p ... rval-reset
This one does not read codes though,it just resets the message.
Probaly not the answer you were hoping for but hope that helps a bit anyway.
Take care.
Andy
I'm afraid as far as I know this is a dealer only function(no reset procedure within the car),or with a good code reader, that you'd need to purchase,you can reset it yourself.
Such as the iCarsoft LR II Land Rover/Jaguar Obd Scanner Tool,couple of links for you:
https://ljmcardiagnostics.co.uk/product ... and-jaguar
http://www.ukprodiagnostics.co.uk/pages ... 108123.cfm
Or there is the DA-Dongle SIR:
https://www.diagnostic-associates.com/p ... rval-reset
This one does not read codes though,it just resets the message.
Probaly not the answer you were hoping for but hope that helps a bit anyway.
Take care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Reset Service Indicator
Andy, thanks for the quick response.
The iCarsoft looks like the way to go however I will go back to the garage which has always been good and helpful in the past. I have a basic code reader that I use on my XKR but unfortunately it wont talk to the X351.
Ken
The iCarsoft looks like the way to go however I will go back to the garage which has always been good and helpful in the past. I have a basic code reader that I use on my XKR but unfortunately it wont talk to the X351.
Ken
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
Re: Reset Service Indicator
Well guys I bought the iCarsoft LR V 2.0 as it claimed to be compatible with the X351 including year 16 on. Also claiming that it would reset the Service Indicator. It talks to the car but will not reset the Service Indicator. Logfile has been sent to the supplier and I await a response.
Ken
Ken
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
Re: Reset Service Indicator
I never did get a response from iCarsoft however at last I have a solution. On recommendation, I bought an Autel 880z, and yes I can now reset the service indicator. In addition, I now have a very comprehensive scanner. Happy bunny.
Changing the oil on the X351 is an absolute doddle with a vacuum pump, the oil filter sits in the V of the engine and the fuel filter sits on top as well. Servicing couldn't be simpler but why oh why did Jaguar do away with dipsticks absolutely crazy.
Changing the oil on the X351 is an absolute doddle with a vacuum pump, the oil filter sits in the V of the engine and the fuel filter sits on top as well. Servicing couldn't be simpler but why oh why did Jaguar do away with dipsticks absolutely crazy.
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)
Re: Reset Service Indicator
They didn’t do away with the dipsticks as you alleged; they redeployed them into the strategic management team, where they successfully came up with the plan to stop making cars with proper engines, thus negating the requirement for their fellow dipsticks to get covered in oily mess LOL 
Cheers
Si

Cheers
Si
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
