Page 1 of 1

XJS Seminar

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 pm
by jBlackwell
Hi all,
To everyone who may visit this section of our Bulletin Board. The Club kicks off the Seminar season with the XJS Technical Session.
26th October 2013, this seminar is aimed at owners of the model and of course provides great information for those considering purchasing an XJS.

Plenty of expertise on hand throughout the day and a pretty good lunch.

To download a booking form or find more details out please visit the link below, remember book early.

http://www.jec.org.uk/latest-news/991/j ... unced.html

Regards

James

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 pm
by dhdove
Hi James

That's a timely reminder.
Re this years format, have you got a slot for a representative of the Forum to speak regarding the use and benefits of the Bulletin Board?

TonyS

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:09 pm
by ptjs1
Tony,

I'm sure the Forum rep will be introducing the Seminar and talking also about the broad aspects of the Forum, not just the Bulletin Board.

Paul

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:53 pm
by XJR-S
I'm really tempted to do this, but I'm not sure I can get a day pass out at the moment!

I've got a lot to learn.

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 am
by jBlackwell
Hi Tony,
I am afraid I cannot answer that question regarding the BB in the seminar. I will ask Nigel as he is the man behind the organisation of these, and of course let you know.

Your point indeed does make sense.

Regards

James

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:46 pm
by BigCatXJS
I got a day disco pass - so have just booked-up (via Graham in the JEC Office).

Hope to see many XJ-S/XJS and accompanying owners!

Sadly no XJ-S with me as it's now laid-up and sorn, so I'll have to park-up the 'BM around the corner to avoid heckling / abuse!

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:55 pm
by Jagdcat
I've packed my toothbrush! Look forward to meeting you all!

JC

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am
by davidr
I've just managed to book in for this seminar. I thought I was under "domestic constraint" but she's let me out to play for the day! Result!! Only worried about the weather forecast which looks foul. If it clears up then my V12 Coupe could do with a run. If not then I'm afraid I'll be taking my X350 back to its birthplace.
See you on Saturday
Regards
David

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:32 pm
by Jagdcat
Thank you to the team for the XJS seminar!

Very useful and informative all round. As the day progressed, I realised buying into a car of this type is rather a large commitment in terms of cash and time but somehow it feels so right!

My only regret is the knowledge I now have has come after I have placed rather a long way away from DM!

Asides, it was heartening to understand the cars are perfectly able to soldier on for some years to come and are definitely worth preserving.

JC

Re: XJS Seminar

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:36 pm
by davidr
This was a very good day. David Marks is extremely knowledgable and puts it across well. I came away with piles of notes and a long list of thing to check or upgrade on my car. In the past week or so I have done quite a few jobs on my V12.
Changed plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm - including fixing a broken distributor that I'd been driving around with for 10 years! See separate post.
Changed both front stub axles and bearings as the stub axles had picked up the bearings and worn. Have loctited the new ones in to stop them turning.
Installed braided brake hoses (improved brake feel quite a bit)
Changed both door seals - hopefully will be a little less leak-prone now!
Replaced leaking heater matrix
Adjusted kick down switch - now works!
Reset throttle butterflies and linkages - tickover and pickup much better now
Resealed cruise control bellows - cruise control now holds speed steadily instead of slight slowing and acceleration that I was getting.
There are still a few jobs left to tackle such as installing an adjustable vacuum modulator in the gearbox to sharpen up the gear change points.
In all, David Marks was the cause of a "to do list" of about 3 dozen items that I'm about half way through.
To cap it all, David also gave some very helpful tips on sourcing parts. He told me that the heater matrix for and XJ40 will fit the XJS and is quite a bit cheaper! Saved me a few quid!