XJS Seminar

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
jBlackwell

Site Admin
Posts:1055
Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Location:Cwmbran
XJS Seminar

Postby jBlackwell » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi all,
To everyone who may visit this section of our Bulletin Board. The Club kicks off the Seminar season with the XJS Technical Session.
26th October 2013, this seminar is aimed at owners of the model and of course provides great information for those considering purchasing an XJS.

Plenty of expertise on hand throughout the day and a pretty good lunch.

To download a booking form or find more details out please visit the link below, remember book early.

http://www.jec.org.uk/latest-news/991/j ... unced.html

Regards

James

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby dhdove » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi James

That's a timely reminder.
Re this years format, have you got a slot for a representative of the Forum to speak regarding the use and benefits of the Bulletin Board?

TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby ptjs1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Tony,

I'm sure the Forum rep will be introducing the Seminar and talking also about the broad aspects of the Forum, not just the Bulletin Board.

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

XJR-S

Member
Posts:198
Joined:Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby XJR-S » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm really tempted to do this, but I'm not sure I can get a day pass out at the moment!

I've got a lot to learn.
1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12

User avatar
jBlackwell

Site Admin
Posts:1055
Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Location:Cwmbran

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby jBlackwell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Tony,
I am afraid I cannot answer that question regarding the BB in the seminar. I will ask Nigel as he is the man behind the organisation of these, and of course let you know.

Your point indeed does make sense.

Regards

James

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby BigCatXJS » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:46 pm

I got a day disco pass - so have just booked-up (via Graham in the JEC Office).

Hope to see many XJ-S/XJS and accompanying owners!

Sadly no XJ-S with me as it's now laid-up and sorn, so I'll have to park-up the 'BM around the corner to avoid heckling / abuse!
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

Jagdcat
Posts:38
Joined:Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby Jagdcat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:55 pm

I've packed my toothbrush! Look forward to meeting you all!

JC

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby davidr » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am

I've just managed to book in for this seminar. I thought I was under "domestic constraint" but she's let me out to play for the day! Result!! Only worried about the weather forecast which looks foul. If it clears up then my V12 Coupe could do with a run. If not then I'm afraid I'll be taking my X350 back to its birthplace.
See you on Saturday
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

Jagdcat
Posts:38
Joined:Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby Jagdcat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you to the team for the XJS seminar!

Very useful and informative all round. As the day progressed, I realised buying into a car of this type is rather a large commitment in terms of cash and time but somehow it feels so right!

My only regret is the knowledge I now have has come after I have placed rather a long way away from DM!

Asides, it was heartening to understand the cars are perfectly able to soldier on for some years to come and are definitely worth preserving.

JC

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: XJS Seminar

Postby davidr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:36 pm

This was a very good day. David Marks is extremely knowledgable and puts it across well. I came away with piles of notes and a long list of thing to check or upgrade on my car. In the past week or so I have done quite a few jobs on my V12.
Changed plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm - including fixing a broken distributor that I'd been driving around with for 10 years! See separate post.
Changed both front stub axles and bearings as the stub axles had picked up the bearings and worn. Have loctited the new ones in to stop them turning.
Installed braided brake hoses (improved brake feel quite a bit)
Changed both door seals - hopefully will be a little less leak-prone now!
Replaced leaking heater matrix
Adjusted kick down switch - now works!
Reset throttle butterflies and linkages - tickover and pickup much better now
Resealed cruise control bellows - cruise control now holds speed steadily instead of slight slowing and acceleration that I was getting.
There are still a few jobs left to tackle such as installing an adjustable vacuum modulator in the gearbox to sharpen up the gear change points.
In all, David Marks was the cause of a "to do list" of about 3 dozen items that I'm about half way through.
To cap it all, David also gave some very helpful tips on sourcing parts. He told me that the heater matrix for and XJ40 will fit the XJS and is quite a bit cheaper! Saved me a few quid!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests