Page 1 of 1
BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wheels
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 pm
by dhdove
Dear All
Apologies for the fact that it has taken a little while to get this set up, there has been a lot going on!
Anyway, the next XJS BB outing will be on Sunday 18th September 2011 to the Turweston Wings and Wheels Rally. This a classic car meet at an historic aerodrome that features all classic car marques and in addition historic aircraft and a flying display. There is autojumble, trade stands, craft fair etc. so there should be something to keep everyone interested and entertained on the day.
I have attended this rally a couple of times and it has been a great day out. It is very well supported by the Oxford Region of the JEC and they have kindly offered that we share their stand on the day as their guests.
Turweston is centrally located in England near to Silverstone so I hope that it will be readilly accessible to many of us. Link to the airfield Wings and Wheels website page is here..........
http://www.turwestonflight.com/Wings_an ... 1_main.htm
As usual if you would like to attend please post your interest here so that I can get an idea of numbers. As we are guests of Oxford Region JEC the bookings will go through them but I will carry out the administration for that.
I do hope to see as many of you as possible at this event in a couple of months time and I look forward to receiving some enthusiastic replies.
V Best Wishes
TonyS
PS I am sorry to report that this will be the last event that I will be organising for the XJS Bulletin Board. Having sold my XJS it has become clear that I cannot realistically continue with my current role within the Club. I do hope that you have enjoyed the outings that we have had in the past as much as I have - it's been great fun and I would like to think that we've all made new friends.
Perhaps one of you would like to pick up the reins..............
Tony
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 pm
by BigCatXJS
Dear Mercedes Tone,
Many thanks for your efforts with organising various interesting events over the years. It's a shame that you are XJS'less but things do move on (I'm currently having impure thoughts around a BMW Z4M Coupe, but that's another story and it won't replace the XJ-S

).
I'll need to check what our movements are on the 18th Sept, but would like to attend this event. Will confirm either way later...
Rich.
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:02 pm
by Brakebuster
Tony
First of all...
thanks for all the effort you have put into the XJS meet-ups in the past , and i for one can say it was appreciated
as for the next meet up , i would like to provisionally book my attendance, albeit in my XJ8 , or i could bring my pet MG if you like , lol
BB
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm
by JaguarMike
Hi All,
I'll be taking the XJS hatch-back back to Silverstone to watch the XJS racing (that I used to do), only this time the car is trimmed and finished (it went in for trim the day after last year's event).
Also note, I've posted some more photo's on the members gallery.
I think this is also the Midlands Day organised by my region, the Conv. and Hincs so to go anywhere else, might be frowned upon.
I still intend to arrange a visit to Hyper Engineering, so must agree a date and start a separate thread on that.
Regards,
Jaguar Mike
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 pm
by MARKPEARSON
Hello Tony
This sounds like a good event I will make try to make it.
If I make it do you and Libby want picking up somewhere near by so you can attend in a proper car
Best Regards Mark.
ps you will have to go in the back.

Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 pm
by BigCatXJS
Hello Tony
This sounds like a good event I will make try to make it.
If I make it do you and Libby want picking up somewhere near by so you can attend in a proper car
Best Regards Mark.
ps you will have to go in the back.

LOL!
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am
by MichaelSB
I am already booked into this show with my Jensen so the Jag will be at home, I will call over for a natter with you guy's on the day.

Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am
by Brakebuster
so ,
thats an XJS meeting,
with a Merc, Jensen and an MG turning up ,
should be good , lol
BB

Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:05 pm
by dhdove
THIS EVENT IN DANGER OF CANCELLATION
Dear All
Sorry to be negative but with just four weeks to go I am seriously considering cancelling this outing as an XJS BB event.
To date we have just five takers.
Of course anyone can attend on an individual basis and I hope that you will do so, it's a fun day out.
Unless there is a rush soon I will hang up my organisers map and guidebook sooner rather than later.
NB Tho' made in fun your point is well taken Vince - so far only TWO XJS's.
Best Wishes
TonyS
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:19 pm
by Brakebuster
Tony
it would be a shame to cancel it, but i fully understand why ,
i wil actually be bringing my XJ8 , but its still not my XJS ,
that is still sat in my garage wanting for a new coat of white paint, hopefully when the PPI claim comes in it will get done , lol
i'm still planning on coming, as its my only event this year, the others were too expensive and too far away
BB

Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:06 pm
by Brakebuster
i will not now be able to attend this meeting
i dont feel this bulletin board has anything else to offer me
BB

Re: EVENT CANCELLED
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 am
by dhdove
Turweston Wings and Wheels XJS outing Event CANCELLED
Due to the poor response to this proposed event I am cancelling it as an official XJS outing.
I am really sorry that my last event as BB Events Organiser should end this way and that I leave with a whimper rather than a bang.
If anyone would like to attend on an individual basis please contact Robert de Newtown on
rr@denewtown.me.uk so that he can ensure that there is a place on the Oxford Region stand for you. Also as a matter of courtesy so that he can keep his numbers up to date.
I do hope that there will be someone to take over the role of events organiser as we've had some great fun over the years on various outings. It would be a great shame if that were to come to an end.
Best Wishes and Good Luck
Tony Sproson
(DH Dove)
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 am
by dhdove
Brake Buster
"i will not now be able to attend this meeting
i dont feel this bulletin board has anything else to offer me"
I can think of many things to put in reply to this post but all of them will cause offence.
Instead I bid you goodbye and good luck.
Regards
TonyS
Re: BB Autumn Outing 18th September - Turweston Wings and Wh
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:57 pm
by BigCatXJS
It's a shame that the event is no longer an Official XJS event. Despite best efforts from Tony, I feel that there have been several factors that have not helped;
- I feel that this site is still quiet compared to previous years before the site was downed from over a year. No need to rack over why the site was unavailable, only to say that it will take a while for "traffic" to build again
- There are two Jaguar days over at Silverstone (17th and 18th) that I think has lured some folks
- Some Jaguar folks are at SantaPod this weekend (not XJS owners though)
- The weather!! I have been cursed for most events over the summer. This weekend may be no different
I'd be happy to help organise an event for next year if no-one else has any plans afoot.
Rich.