Thoresby Hall 25th Bash - Postscript
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 pm
Dear All
Just a note re the above to say that if you decided not to go that was almost the right decision.......
Libby and I travelled up Fri pm to stay the weekend. The hotel was packed with Jag-nuts of all types.........but the car park.........it was a Classic Car Show in it's own right with pretty much every model you can name inc. XJ220. All were in great condition and to wander round was a real pleasure.
We met Paul S first thing on Saturday to set up and whilst it drizzled a bit early on the rest of the day was good, if breezy. (Sorry I didn't make it on the run)
Please left click on images.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-1_tn.jpg
Sunday started well, breezy as before but dry and this lasted until 12.30. For those who ignored the forecast and came early a great show was waiting for them with a pretty good array of stands and items for sale.
Once the rain started it just kept coming, till by 2.20 it was pouring down in sheets with buckets and stair-rods attached - enough to stop people walking around it was so wet. The powers that be threw in the towel at about 3.15 and that was it.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-2_tn.jpg
We adjourned to the dry for a shower and a change of clothes and left taking things down till this morning when lo and behold it was dry and sunny - ho hum.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-3_tn.jpg
If you made the effort I hope you had a good time and it was nice to say hello and chat XJS's to people. If not I can't say I blame you and certainly late arrivals were rewarded with nothing more than a good soaking.
On the day I was persuaded by experts at Meguiar's that
a I'm putting too much polish on my car
b I should massage it with a lump of clay
c Old flannelette bedsheets are strictly 20th Century and I must now polish it with a microfiber (sic) towel.
We'll see how it goes.........
The new motor went beautifully there and back and the now fully-functioning air-con made the journey even more pleasurable, so I'm well-pleased.
Let's hope for better weather at Northern/Southern day.
Best Wishes
Tony
Just a note re the above to say that if you decided not to go that was almost the right decision.......
Libby and I travelled up Fri pm to stay the weekend. The hotel was packed with Jag-nuts of all types.........but the car park.........it was a Classic Car Show in it's own right with pretty much every model you can name inc. XJ220. All were in great condition and to wander round was a real pleasure.
We met Paul S first thing on Saturday to set up and whilst it drizzled a bit early on the rest of the day was good, if breezy. (Sorry I didn't make it on the run)
Please left click on images.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-1_tn.jpg
Sunday started well, breezy as before but dry and this lasted until 12.30. For those who ignored the forecast and came early a great show was waiting for them with a pretty good array of stands and items for sale.
Once the rain started it just kept coming, till by 2.20 it was pouring down in sheets with buckets and stair-rods attached - enough to stop people walking around it was so wet. The powers that be threw in the towel at about 3.15 and that was it.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-2_tn.jpg
We adjourned to the dry for a shower and a change of clothes and left taking things down till this morning when lo and behold it was dry and sunny - ho hum.
http://www.jec-xjs-forum.org.uk/xjsbb2/ ... 7-3_tn.jpg
If you made the effort I hope you had a good time and it was nice to say hello and chat XJS's to people. If not I can't say I blame you and certainly late arrivals were rewarded with nothing more than a good soaking.
On the day I was persuaded by experts at Meguiar's that
a I'm putting too much polish on my car
b I should massage it with a lump of clay
c Old flannelette bedsheets are strictly 20th Century and I must now polish it with a microfiber (sic) towel.
We'll see how it goes.........
The new motor went beautifully there and back and the now fully-functioning air-con made the journey even more pleasurable, so I'm well-pleased.
Let's hope for better weather at Northern/Southern day.
Best Wishes
Tony