Have now booked for the overnight stay. Tony - perhaps we could meet up with Libby and yourself in the evening?
As far as guided tours go, I have been to Gaydon before for a conference and we had a guided tour which I found very good. The guide was an ex-Ford employee and was very helpful and enthusiastic. In fact, he stayed late to give us a more detailed tour as he and we got rather engrossed in it all! So I would say that a guided tour would be worthwhile.
Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April '13
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Hi David
Thanks for that, great to hear you'll be staying too!
Libby and I will look forward to seeing you on Saturday afternoon/evening. We should be there mid afternoon so I can give the German techno box a wash before Sunday, then bar and dinner? I think we'll be eating in the hotel Saturday evening rather than trawling the local eateries.......
Noted re guided tour, I'll wait to hear from other members for a little while if that's OK?
Best
TonyS
Thanks for that, great to hear you'll be staying too!
Libby and I will look forward to seeing you on Saturday afternoon/evening. We should be there mid afternoon so I can give the German techno box a wash before Sunday, then bar and dinner? I think we'll be eating in the hotel Saturday evening rather than trawling the local eateries.......
Noted re guided tour, I'll wait to hear from other members for a little while if that's OK?
Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Tony - we plan to mooch about in Stratford for the afternoon and we also were intending to eat in the hotel so we can catch up with you in the evening for a drink/dinner.
What are we going to do about your Teutonic embarrassment? I do have a couple of spare Jaguar badges? Should I bring them with me?!!!!!

What are we going to do about your Teutonic embarrassment? I do have a couple of spare Jaguar badges? Should I bring them with me?!!!!!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
PS. Please note that there are 2 Ettington Hotels which caught me out at first! Christine and I look forward to seeing you all (and your cars) and I hope we all manage to start at the same place!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
-
timpengilley
- Posts:17
- Joined:Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 pm
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Brake Buster,
I will be going up M50/M5. Not sure best route from there? It would be great to meet you somewhere en route. I would be willing to follow you from there in convoy.
tim
I will be going up M50/M5. Not sure best route from there? It would be great to meet you somewhere en route. I would be willing to follow you from there in convoy.
tim
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Just in case there is any doubt, meet is at the
Ettington Chase Hotel
Banbury Road
Ettington
10.30 am
http://www.ettingtonchasehotel.co.uk/location.html
Coffee is booked and they await our arrival
David
Re Teutonic embarrassment - you're too kind but I'll manage for now.......
Thanks anyway.
TonyS
Ettington Chase Hotel
Banbury Road
Ettington
10.30 am
http://www.ettingtonchasehotel.co.uk/location.html
Coffee is booked and they await our arrival
David
Re Teutonic embarrassment - you're too kind but I'll manage for now.......
Thanks anyway.
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Tony - sorry but couldn't resist a little ribbing! We wouldn't get away with re-badging it anyway! With Mercedes build quality no one would believe it's a classic Jaguar!
I suppose I'd better buy you a drink on the Saturday night now I've been rude about your car!
Regards
David
I suppose I'd better buy you a drink on the Saturday night now I've been rude about your car!
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
David
That's OK, you obviously didn't see my first reply which I self moderated........
I think we're evens.
Looking forward to seeing you at the hotel Saturday tea time/ evening. Not sure of our exact plans on the day yet, if we get an early start we may have a mooch around Stratford too or may go to the Plough at Eathorpe for lunch (an old haunt) depends what time we leave from home.
But will have to clean the skateboard at some point Sat. pm to avoid the inevitable ribbing and pi## taking on Sunday.......
Only two weeks to go!
Best
TonyS
That's OK, you obviously didn't see my first reply which I self moderated........
I think we're evens.
Looking forward to seeing you at the hotel Saturday tea time/ evening. Not sure of our exact plans on the day yet, if we get an early start we may have a mooch around Stratford too or may go to the Plough at Eathorpe for lunch (an old haunt) depends what time we leave from home.
But will have to clean the skateboard at some point Sat. pm to avoid the inevitable ribbing and pi## taking on Sunday.......
Only two weeks to go!
Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
BUMP!
Hi All
Just a week to go now and a quick note to say that if you are thinking of attending this event but haven't posted yet don't worry.
Numbers are flexible so on this occasion late entrants are welcome.
BUT, you must post here if you wish to attend so I can update Hotel and Gaydon re numbers.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the day.
TonyS
Hi All
Just a week to go now and a quick note to say that if you are thinking of attending this event but haven't posted yet don't worry.
Numbers are flexible so on this occasion late entrants are welcome.
BUT, you must post here if you wish to attend so I can update Hotel and Gaydon re numbers.
Looking forward to seeing you all on the day.
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Tony,
Sincere apologies but I have to advise that we won't be able to make Sunday.
I have been in exile on Anglesey (family home) for the last 2 weeks and lost my Father last week. The funeral is tomorrow (Friday 26th) and I won't be getting home again until Sunday.
Dad always had a knack of disrupting my best laid plans with his illnesses bless him.....and as a Jaguar man himself he will also be disappointed for me I am sure!.
Apologies again and look forward to making the next one.
Keith T (& Katie)
PS Falling deeply in love with my "retirement present" XF.........
Sincere apologies but I have to advise that we won't be able to make Sunday.
I have been in exile on Anglesey (family home) for the last 2 weeks and lost my Father last week. The funeral is tomorrow (Friday 26th) and I won't be getting home again until Sunday.
Dad always had a knack of disrupting my best laid plans with his illnesses bless him.....and as a Jaguar man himself he will also be disappointed for me I am sure!.
Apologies again and look forward to making the next one.
Keith T (& Katie)
PS Falling deeply in love with my "retirement present" XF.........
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Keith
That's no problem.
I'm so sorry to hear of your bereavement, my condolences to Katie and yourself. My own father died a couple of years ago, I know what it's like.
Kindest Regards
TonyS
That's no problem.
I'm so sorry to hear of your bereavement, my condolences to Katie and yourself. My own father died a couple of years ago, I know what it's like.
Kindest Regards
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
UPDATE
Just a day to go and thankfully the weather forecast is dry if posibly chilly.
Here's the attendance list
Self and Libby (staying at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
David and Christine (staying at the hotel)
Tim Pengilly +1
Not a massive group but I'm sure we'll all have fun on the day.
Meet at the Ettington Chase Hotel for coffee, biccies and wheel kicking 10.30 am., reserved parking in front of the hotel.
Depart on run to museum (11 miles) 11.30 am., at the museum there wil be reserved parking for us.
Concessionary rates apply for museum entry.
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow (David and Christine, see you this evening!)
Best Regards
TonyS
Just a day to go and thankfully the weather forecast is dry if posibly chilly.
Here's the attendance list
Self and Libby (staying at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
David and Christine (staying at the hotel)
Tim Pengilly +1
Not a massive group but I'm sure we'll all have fun on the day.
Meet at the Ettington Chase Hotel for coffee, biccies and wheel kicking 10.30 am., reserved parking in front of the hotel.
Depart on run to museum (11 miles) 11.30 am., at the museum there wil be reserved parking for us.
Concessionary rates apply for museum entry.
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow (David and Christine, see you this evening!)
Best Regards
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
STOP PRESS
Have just heard that the hotel will be providing us with coffee and biscuits on a complimentary basis, how nice of them!
TonyS
Have just heard that the hotel will be providing us with coffee and biscuits on a complimentary basis, how nice of them!
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Tony / All
As i have informed Tony via PM , i am unable to attend this weekends run due to continuing bedding in issues with the re-commisioning of my V12 XJS,
mainly the engine and gearbox as it has been standing for twelve years ,
i think i have sorted the engine issues which had a high idle ( around 1100 rpm ) and have now got it down to the desired 750 rpm , but i think i either have a misfire , or a small exhaust blow , and further investigation is required for that one.
but more of a problem is the gearbox ( gm400 3 speed ) , second gear seems to be quite noisy , first is fine, then into noisy second, then into a quiet top gear , kickdown is fine, just noisy , all fluids have been changed , but may well do it again in a few more miles just to help flush it out
so , due to these issues , i have decided not to do the 150 mile or so round trip this weekend
i hope you all have a great run out, and the weather holds for you
BB
As i have informed Tony via PM , i am unable to attend this weekends run due to continuing bedding in issues with the re-commisioning of my V12 XJS,
mainly the engine and gearbox as it has been standing for twelve years ,
i think i have sorted the engine issues which had a high idle ( around 1100 rpm ) and have now got it down to the desired 750 rpm , but i think i either have a misfire , or a small exhaust blow , and further investigation is required for that one.
but more of a problem is the gearbox ( gm400 3 speed ) , second gear seems to be quite noisy , first is fine, then into noisy second, then into a quiet top gear , kickdown is fine, just noisy , all fluids have been changed , but may well do it again in a few more miles just to help flush it out
so , due to these issues , i have decided not to do the 150 mile or so round trip this weekend
i hope you all have a great run out, and the weather holds for you
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Keith T - very sorry that we won't be seeing you tomorrow and for your loss. Please accept our condolences.
BB - very disappointed that we won't be seeing your car. Having followed your restoration over the years I was really looking forward to seeing you to compare notes as I also restored my 1989 V12 coupe (not as comprehensively as you did!). But, if its not running right then probably wise not to risk it.
Tony and Libby - look forward to seeing you this evening. Meet in the bar at 7.30?
Regards
David
BB - very disappointed that we won't be seeing your car. Having followed your restoration over the years I was really looking forward to seeing you to compare notes as I also restored my 1989 V12 coupe (not as comprehensively as you did!). But, if its not running right then probably wise not to risk it.
Tony and Libby - look forward to seeing you this evening. Meet in the bar at 7.30?
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

