Vince
Will be great to see you again, thanks for your support.
If the XJS is ready and on the road it will DEFINATELY be the star of the day!
Just don't let the Gaydon folk look too closely, they'll buy it before you've had chance to drive it!
Best
TonyS
Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April '13
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Hi,
Very much interested in this one. Will confirm ASAP.
Cheers,
Keith T.
Very much interested in this one. Will confirm ASAP.
Cheers,
Keith T.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Update
Well, five weeks to go and still low numbers, hugely pleased though that Vince will be bringing his project car and that we'll be the first to see it!
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
TonyS
Well, five weeks to go and still low numbers, hugely pleased though that Vince will be bringing his project car and that we'll be the first to see it!
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
BUMP
Hi All
Well only three weeks to go and a not so good a turn-out......
I have to submit a form to the Gaydon Heritage Centre re numbers which I will be doing in about ten days time.
Also need to let the hotel know re coffees.........
I know we're all very busy nowadays but I would ask that those of you who have not committed to this event yet have a re- think and maybe you could attend and support the first XJS BB outing in quite a while.
Apart from adding numbers to this event I do think that if this is not well supported it will put any future events in jeopardy due to lack of interest. It would be such a shame if the BB events were to die out after so many successful events in past years.
Many thanks to all those who have committed to attend to date
I really look forward to meeting you all on the day.
So.....what are YOU doing on the day? Why not get your lovely Cat out of the garage and meet some fellow enthusiasts for a day out, you'll enjoy it.....REALLY!
I'll close down entries for this event w/c 15th April, so GET YOUR SKATES ON!
Best
TonyS
Hi All
Well only three weeks to go and a not so good a turn-out......
I have to submit a form to the Gaydon Heritage Centre re numbers which I will be doing in about ten days time.
Also need to let the hotel know re coffees.........
I know we're all very busy nowadays but I would ask that those of you who have not committed to this event yet have a re- think and maybe you could attend and support the first XJS BB outing in quite a while.
Apart from adding numbers to this event I do think that if this is not well supported it will put any future events in jeopardy due to lack of interest. It would be such a shame if the BB events were to die out after so many successful events in past years.
Many thanks to all those who have committed to attend to date
So.....what are YOU doing on the day? Why not get your lovely Cat out of the garage and meet some fellow enthusiasts for a day out, you'll enjoy it.....REALLY!
I'll close down entries for this event w/c 15th April, so GET YOUR SKATES ON!
Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
i took the car out for a 30 mile drive last night , confidence is growing, lol
BB
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
I would go but unfortunately I am working.
Again.
Again.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Hi Tony,
Pleased to confirm that L638 TUF will be attending and crewed by my daughter and I.
TUF has just spent two weeks in the care of Lincolnshire Jaguar Specialists and has a definite spring in her step and a crisp new MOT to boot. Wish I could say the same......
See you there.
Pleased to confirm that L638 TUF will be attending and crewed by my daughter and I.
TUF has just spent two weeks in the care of Lincolnshire Jaguar Specialists and has a definite spring in her step and a crisp new MOT to boot. Wish I could say the same......
See you there.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Tony - my wife Christine and I would like to join you for this trip. As I'll have subjected her to the London to Brighton run the week before I think I may have to spoil her to a stay on Saturday night as well!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Update
Well things are looking a little more respectable. Welcome on board guys!
David and Christine, it will be great if there is someone else staying overnight, I expect to confirm my booking in the next day or two.
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
Ktclm06 + 1
David and Christine
Best
TonyS
Well things are looking a little more respectable. Welcome on board guys!
David and Christine, it will be great if there is someone else staying overnight, I expect to confirm my booking in the next day or two.
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
Ktclm06 + 1
David and Christine
Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
We're also on the London to Brighton. My biggest concern will be trying get the cat clean before Gaydon after the Ldn to Brighton weekend.Tony - my wife Christine and I would like to join you for this trip. As I'll have subjected her to the London to Brighton run the week before I think I may have to spoil her to a stay on Saturday night as well!
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
-
timpengilley
- Posts:17
- Joined:Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 pm
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Hello, i would like to join in aswell. it would be nice to meet everyone, plus it would be the first long run for my newly aquired xjrs. please count me in plus one other. provided the car makes it all the way there from cardiff that is!
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
wow , Cardiff......
maybe we could meet at the M5 or M50 or something, and go in convoy from there ?
though i havnt decided my route yet
BB
maybe we could meet at the M5 or M50 or something, and go in convoy from there ?
though i havnt decided my route yet
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Vince
Surely nicest run, shortest route and non- motorway in case of problems is A417/A436 to Bourton on the Water and then up the Fosse Way to Ettington?
Unless you want to go the back way via M5, A46 and then cut across?
TonyS
Surely nicest run, shortest route and non- motorway in case of problems is A417/A436 to Bourton on the Water and then up the Fosse Way to Ettington?
Unless you want to go the back way via M5, A46 and then cut across?
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Update
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
Ktclm06 + 1
David and Christine
Tim Pengilly +1
Welcome aboard!
Only two weeks to go and dare I say it the weather has warmed up a little. Whilst it may pour down at least we won't freeze now! I for one am really looking forward to this outing,
Could you let me know if you would like a guided tour of the Museum, or would prefer to do your own thing..... I suspect the latter?
I have dispatched the paperwork to the Museum but they are fairly flexible, so on this occasion late comers are welcome, though obviously you must still book here in advance.
Best and see you on the day
TonyS
Self and Libby ( probably staying night before at the Hotel)
Reg
Iain-1980
Jaguar Mike
Rich +3 (BigCat XJS)
Brake Buster
Ktclm06 + 1
David and Christine
Tim Pengilly +1
Welcome aboard!
Only two weeks to go and dare I say it the weather has warmed up a little. Whilst it may pour down at least we won't freeze now! I for one am really looking forward to this outing,
Could you let me know if you would like a guided tour of the Museum, or would prefer to do your own thing..... I suspect the latter?
I have dispatched the paperwork to the Museum but they are fairly flexible, so on this occasion late comers are welcome, though obviously you must still book here in advance.
Best and see you on the day
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Re: Spring Outing - Gaydon Heritage Museum Sunday 28th April
Accommodation
For info:
Libby and I have booked our overnight stay, if you haven't booked yet there are no standard rooms available and the hotel is filling up fast!
However, you may still book an Executive Double B&B for £95.00, which represents a 25% saving on the hotels advertised rates.
If you wish to go further upmarket, there are still suites available.........
My advice would be to book quickly if you wish to stay the night.
Lucy Harper no longer works at the hotel, your contact is Nicholas Sims, 01789 740000.
David and Christine - have you booked to stay overnight?
Best
TonyS
For info:
Libby and I have booked our overnight stay, if you haven't booked yet there are no standard rooms available and the hotel is filling up fast!
However, you may still book an Executive Double B&B for £95.00, which represents a 25% saving on the hotels advertised rates.
If you wish to go further upmarket, there are still suites available.........
My advice would be to book quickly if you wish to stay the night.
Lucy Harper no longer works at the hotel, your contact is Nicholas Sims, 01789 740000.
David and Christine - have you booked to stay overnight?
Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

