Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK
Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby Brakebuster » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:30 pm

i too would like to come along again,

as others , i will be bringing my XJ8, as my XJS is in a state of restoration

BB 8)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby dhdove » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Graham

Hi and congrats on your first BB post. :D

I look forward to seeing you on the day and hope you enjoy your first BB Outing. BTW we're ALL praying for good weather, but at least you have a reasonable selection of motors to cover all eventualities!

Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
MARKPEARSON

Member
Posts:157
Joined:Sat May 27, 2006 11:25 pm

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby MARKPEARSON » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:10 pm

SOMETHING FOR FREE

Does anyone going to this trip want a FREE set of used genuine floor mats for facelift model in beige/brown these would be more use to someone who uses car daily and may want to save your own for best so to speak.They have been cleaned but they have a marks on them and a bit of color variation.

First reply to this can have them and I will bring them on the 11 April.

Best Regards Mark.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby poprivet » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 pm


I will confirm later..


No MOT or tax, so I'm out unfortunately. I never found the time to arrange them being away from home so much. Also I start another job on the 12th so that weekend will be busy for me sorting out things, hopefully this job will be more successful then the previous ones.

Have a great time all,

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby dhdove » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Pop

Sorry you can't make it, I hope to see you later in the year......Southern Day?

Best Wishes
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby SimonR » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:10 am


No MOT or tax, so I'm out unfortunately. I never found the time to arrange them being away from home so much. Also I start another job on the 12th so that weekend will be busy for me sorting out things, hopefully this job will be more successful then the previous ones.

Pop - if you change your mind and want a space in an XJ-S then there's space in ours. We're staying with family near Fordingbridge on the Saturday before but can pick you up on the way if this is at all practicable!

Good luck with the new job - started a new one myself at the start of the month - it can be a tricky time of life indeed...

Cheers

SR.
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby poprivet » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Thank you Simon, that's a very kind thought although I won't be able to take you up on the offer. I will be staying in Dartford for the next four months coming home at weekends so I doubt if the XJS will see any action this year. Never mind, I'm just glad to have got some longer term work.

I hope you have settled in your new job.
Cheers,
Pop

coleman998
Posts:20
Joined:Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Location:Birmingham

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby coleman998 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 am

Hi All

Tony can you fit one more in for Marlborough, she has passed the MOT :D and tax her yesterday :cry:

I`ve been told by my MOT man that I have a small leek on my power steering rack and little damp pach on one rear shock absorber. He said I must get them this year, could these jobs be done DIY or is it best left to pro`s.

Thanks Adam
XJS 5.3 convertible 1992 + X-type est sport 2005.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby dhdove » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

Adam

That's no problem, you're very welcome. Glad to hear you're passed the MoT hurdle and with not too much on the advisory list by the sound of it.

I will be posting any last minute details soon but I don't expect too many changes from the existing. As I write this it's pouring down for the Easter weekend so lets hope for better in a weeks time. :wink:

Regards
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

Neville
Posts:21
Joined:Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 am

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby Neville » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi Tony

Would have liked to have joined you, despite the distance from home, I would have combined it with another trip to your neck of the woods. I've been waiting to see when a short appointment with a doc and knife was going to come up, which is now next week so will have to pass this time. On the plus side there are a few things to be done on the XJS so I'm booking it in for a little surgery of its own. Bit of welding to the Scuttle and floor pan and the replacement of a few bushes. By the time I'm driving again it should all be nice and tidy.

I'm enjoying reading the posts, it would have been good to meet the contributors

Regards to all

NevB

1996 XJS 4.0 Celebration Anthracite

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby dhdove » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Neville

Sorry you can't make it, it would have been nice to have seen you ( and your car) again. Perhaps you'll be able to get to the Autumn bash.

Hope your appointment with the Doc. goes according to plan.

Regards
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

coleman998
Posts:20
Joined:Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Location:Birmingham

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby coleman998 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks Tony

Must say had a great time at Gaydon so looking forward to this one. keep them crossed for the weather.


See you there Adam :)
XJS 5.3 convertible 1992 + X-type est sport 2005.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby dhdove » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

UPDATE

Dear All

The weekend approaches and........dare I say it the weather forecast is good, all that praying has obviously had an effect, still, we'll see on the day.

No changes to the itinerary, I think it'll be a pretty relaxing day with plenty of time to do what we want.

10.30 Meet at the Marlborough Glof Club. Refreshments are available in the clubhouse, certainly tea, coffee and bacon sarnies, maybe even a full breakfast if you would like one. We can stay there and chat for a while, I anticipate leaving between 11.30 and 12.00.

Follow the route to Avebury, it's only ten to fifteen minutes or so unless you stop on the way. As you drive through Avebury village the NT car park is on the edge of the village on the right. We can look around the stones and walk down to Silbury Hill if you wish. There is a museum and gift shops. I think we should be away from Avebury by 1.30.

1.45-2.00 arrive at the Atwell Wilson Motor Museum in Calne, please park in the area on the right as you enter the museum. We have a guided tour laid on and then can spend a couple of hours there.
PLEASE NOTE There are NO REFRESHMENTS at the Museum. Please do bring a picnic, there is tea and coffee making facilities....... ie a kettle! We'll bring some stuff but if you can bring some too (including milk) that would be good. I do not know if there are cups/mugs etc. but I think there are.
In other words please arrive equipped to be self sufficient.

I have opened a Google Maps account and below is a link to the route, I can see it...can you? Please can someone post to let me know?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 529&num=10

I make it twelve cars as follows.
Self, BigcatXJS, Simon R, David M, Iain1980, Mark P, Petermorejag, Cerene, Paul E, Lord Enfield, BB and coleman998.
If I have made a mistake please post accordingly.

So, that's it. I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday and pray that the forecast proves correct.

With regard to the "convoy", we'll see on the day but I think it will have to be small groups - not least because of the right turn out of the Golf Club car park onto a busy A road.

Best Wishes
Tony

PS For those staying in Marlborough we'll be at the Golf Club by about ten.
For anyone else arriving early, do go and have a quick look around Marlborough, it's a lovely historic town
PPS PaulS and MichaelB.........if you are coming could you PLEASE post here?
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby J44EAG » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 pm

The google map opens ok Tony.

Hope you all have a good day.

Mike

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Spring Outing 2010 - Sunday April 11th

Postby Brakebuster » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm

cool,

looking forward to it ,

i will be in my XJ8 , she has a new MOT , and has had a service, and i have just re-insured her today .you watch her brake down , lol


BB 8)

btw , the XJS is coming on great guns, all the welding is done ( as you know ) and all the primary body prep is done, and now £75 of the car is in primer ready for blocking when she goes to the body-shop

the bonnet has been fully stripped of all fittings and all the under-bonnet seams have been filled with high quality body-shop grade seam-sealant ,
the same has been done to the brand new Jaguar bootlid ,

i have some pictures, but am being lazy about posting them, i will if you all insist , ( in their own thread )
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests