XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants
XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby sahtas1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi 2 all,
Sorry not to have been a participating forum member since last years booze cruise but have had too many other distractions - cars and house (and my dear wife has been driving the XJS all the time as well :o(
Just to say back on track now, last years booze cruise was excellent, with a tour of the Pas de Calais countryside thrown in and we would jump at doing it again. Also would be up for a once a year forum meet.

:D Is that the sound of waxoyl I can hear sloshing around before the winter sets in and the tin worms get hungry :cry:

Ashley & Dawn


Graham

Member
Posts:135
Joined:Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm
Location:Nuneaton,Warwickshire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby Graham » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:46 pm

DH
well done for raising the suggestion of the annual bash as by the comments people are interested and a good suggestion from Milly re autojumble for the xjs.Turweston was a good day out,but i feel its main plus point was that you are able to use the space for lots of xjs's to park up, at little cost to enter and could be developed for a great event.Maybe someone should ask the P6 Rover Club how they manged to get so much interest from their members, a great display of cars.There are always negatives and positives to everything but unless we try we will still be talking about it this,this time next year.Does anyone have any other suggestions for venue maybe Gaydon in Warwickshire?I wonder if Stoneleigh will be better for facelift spares this year as they were thin on the ground last year.
Graham

2005 Jaguar S Type 4.2 V8 Petrol AUTO

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:31 pm

Graham

"There are always negatives and positives to everything but unless we try we will still be talking about it this time next year."

That's exactly my point. :wink:

Gaydon.........now there's a thought, it's central with good motorway access, I for one haven't been there for donkeys years, but there was loads to see - of course NO JAGS!. Although I seem to remember that the JDHT Collection from Browns Lane was due to move to Gaydon - has it moved yet?

Re Rover P6 Club Rally, I'm proud to say that I have the honour of being Member # 1 of that Club..............it's a long story :D.
As you may expect the current success of their Annual Rally is based on a lot of hard work and effort. Also bear in mind they cover a whole range of P6 cars and have been an established Club for about thirteen years now.

I'm sure other readers will know of places that would be nice to visit.......Any more suggestions for potential venues from other Forum Members?

Best Wishes
DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby poprivet » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Being indoors, either would be good for a visit 'off season' for us hardy owners. I'm in..
Pop


User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Dear All

Standing around in a corridor at Stoneleigh wasn't exactly what I was thinking of, anyway, some of us meet for a chat at Spares day already.

DH Dove


XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby poprivet » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Well I really meant Gaydon or JDHT, but I will also be at Stoneleigh as well :D
For anyone else going, I look forward to seeing you there,
Pop


User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Pop

Sorry, I'm not sure what the current status of JDHT Museum is.

I understood about eighteen months ago they were moving to Gaydon when Browns Lane site was cleared, but haven't heard an update - have I missed something? Are they up and running at Gaydon? In which case that would be a fab locatiion for a meet. I'm sure we could organise a conducted tour of the JDHT Museum with prior approval and then have a look around the Heritage Museum (or vice versa). Throw in a lunch, picnic or otherwise and that's a grand day out!
Also, not too weather dependent.

UPDATE According to the net JDHT are in discussions with Birmingham University to design their new Museum facilities......so I guess they're still at Browns Lane - Ho-Hum.

How About ..........we arrange a JDHT Museum tour at Browns Lane before they demolish the whole lot.........History in the passing........ :cry:
Picnic Lunch in the car park??? perhaps not!..........unless the Jaguar facilities are still open, in which case I'm sure they could put on a Buffet or something?
If this proves to be a popular suggestion, since it is indoors, perhaps we could do it early in the year, say March/April so that we will have met up with Forum friends before the season starts?

What does everyone else think?

See you at Stoneleigh next week, God Willing.
For a change I don't NEED to buy anything so can just have a wander and kick some tyres..........

NB For those who hadn't realised Spares Day is also Brazilian Grand Prix day..............race coverage is live on ITV1 4.00-7.00pm (BST)

DH Dove



XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:03 pm

UPDATE

Dear All

I spoke to Julia Simpson (JDHT Archivist) at Stoneleigh at the weekend re the Heritage collection.
Apparently the move to Gaydon was on, then off, then on and then deferred following the announcement by Ford of potential sale of Jaguar Cars. At present they don't know what will happen.

HOWEVER They are still "up and running" at Browns Lane and open every last Sunday of the month. Didn't get as far as discussing a guided tour but she said we would be very welcome if we wanted to visit, irrespective of numbers. I said that I would contact her as neccessary following feedback from this Forum.

(She is sure they will still be at Browns Lane March/April next year).

Regards

DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby sahtas1 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:48 pm

We would very much be up for a day out at Browns Lane, especially as it won't be around for much longer! Name the date and we'll be there. Also want to say a big 'Thank You!' to the people who actually organise events, as I know its not easy and you don't always get the thanks and appreciation thats deserved.


User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 pm

sahtas1

That's great.......how about everyone else?

DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby Brakebuster » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm

i can get to Browns lane in Coventry to , but will be in my XJ8 8)

why not meet up before christmas ??

BB

1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm

BB

What with the NEC Classic Car Show 9-11 Nov, Booze Cruise 24 Nov and pre Christmas diary committments I think that may be a bit optimistic...........but I'll go with the flow :)

DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby dhdove » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Dear All

Sorry. no apologies for bumping this thread, how about we go to Browns Lane early-ish in the New Year (March?).......see what support there is and go on from there?

V Best Wishes

DH Dove

XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

greeban

Member
Posts:252
Joined:Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 am

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby greeban » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Browns lane sounds good to me - count me in, as long as there is plenty of notice should be able to manage it family commitments permitting!


keithbaker
Posts:60
Joined:Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm
Location:Kent

XJS Forum First Annual Bash 2008?

Postby keithbaker » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Same here. Providing the date doesn't clash with anything I'd love to go.

Regards,

Keith.
1996 Celebration Convertible (LHD)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests