Thanks to Peter at the Wiltshire region I attended their regional meeting at Avebury last Sunday, you know, the picturesque village within a 5000 year old stone circle.
Of around 20 Jaguars I think five were flavours of various XJS. Unfortunately near lunchtime the heavens opened to torrential rainfall which literally put a dampener on proceedings.
Due to this, it was difficult to get to meet and talk to all the owners so if you were there give a shout out. Understandably many cars left early and I made the 60 mile return journey home in some of the worst weather I have ever encountered in the XJ-S. All went well except for an electrical problem that has occurred previously in wet weather, in that during braking various warning lights lit up on the dash, not the low brake fluid level, other random ones. Likely a poor earth or corroded connection somewhere, anyone have any ideas?
However, any day out in the XJS is a good day, especially as I have had a Meniscus Tear in my knee for about eight months and has prevented me from doing normal activities. It's on the mend now as long as I'm careful not to twist it which is easy to do getting in and out of this car.
Avebury
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Avebury
Photo of the lineup on page 162 of the Nov 2023 magazine. 'Rivet' is the white one! Should have really be all formed in a circle being Avebury, but it would have encroached on the cricket pitch which would have been frowned on!
Thanks once more to Wiltshire region, lovely people.
Thanks once more to Wiltshire region, lovely people.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
