XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

MichaelSB

Member
Posts:409
Joined:Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Location:Hanley Swan Nr Malvern
XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby MichaelSB » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Paul B

I think your idea of bringing odd bits n bobs we all have for our XJS's but don't need is a good idea.

Come on Mr T keep up, what do you think? :lol: :lol:
Michael


Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby dhdove » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am

Mike

I didn't realise you were waiting for my comments, I'm flattered, 8) please feel free to take any spares you have to Gaydon.

Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby dhdove » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:51 pm

UPDATE

Dear All

Time is moving on, I make it twelve cars to date plus any late-comers.

I've been giving some thought as to how we can all park together and having discussed it with John Bishop the easiest way is for us to meet up nearby beforehand and then go in convoy.

He has recommended:-

The Great Western Hotel
Deppers Bridge
CV47 2ST

Google Map Here

(I'm ignoring the terrible review on the grounds (ho-ho) that the coffee's OK)

The hotel has a large car park and is located just north of Bishops Itchington 4 miles north of Gaydon on the B4451 between Gaydon and Southam (3 miles north of Junction 12 M40). It is a pleasant rural run from there to the museum.

I have contacted the hotel and arranged coffee for us (sorry - it's pay for your own!) at 10.00. I hope that you can all make it by then.
We should be on our way by about 10.45 for an 11.00 arrival at Gaydon.

Hope this suits.

Please post below if that's OK and confirm your attendance or otherwise.

Best Wishes and see you on the day.
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

coleman998
Posts:20
Joined:Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Location:Birmingham

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby coleman998 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Tony

That sounds good to me, I can be there for 10am. Lets hope the weather is good for us. :D

Adam







5.3 V12 CONVERTIBLE

MichaelSB

Member
Posts:409
Joined:Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Location:Hanley Swan Nr Malvern

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby MichaelSB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok with me Mr T :D
Michael


Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan

AJT
Posts:19
Joined:Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:42 am
Location:Coventry UK

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby AJT » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am

I know it well!

OK with me

Alan

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby Brakebuster » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:39 am

does anyone mind a Seafrost XJ8 Sovereign tagging along ?

i'll stay at the back, lol

i got a night shift that sunday , and will have to be gone by 3pm, but that would be about right anyway ......... wouldnt it ?

BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby BigCatXJS » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:21 am

Good with me. Daimler Six or XJ-S if the weather is good. If it's the Daimler, I can keep BB company with the XJ8 Sov at the back ;>)
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

User avatar
JaguarMike

Member
Posts:75
Joined:Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm
Location:Coventry

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby JaguarMike » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Tony,

I will try to get there if the misses is OK from her op. on Friday, so don't wait for me (I'm local anyway, so may just meet you at the museum).

I also have to collect a colleague from Heathrow @3.45pm, so I might not be in the XJS but in a posh new Sov. X-TYPE, depending on the time.

Have done the museum to death (in there regular as I work for JLR), but would be nice to see the group again after the KWE trip.

Mike
_________________________
'93 Kingfisher Blue 4.0L Coupe

rainbowhardy
Posts:30
Joined:Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 pm

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby rainbowhardy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Dear Tony

Just a quick note to confirm our attendance on the above this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you there, and at the hotel on route to the venue.

Regards

Philip and Ruby

8) 8)

chrisw
Posts:19
Joined:Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby chrisw » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi Tony,

Still hoping to make it in the P6B, all going well.. if not, a slightly more modern BMW..


Regards,

Chris

HADDERS1
Posts:16
Joined:Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:06 pm
Location:Chandlers Ford
Contact:

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby HADDERS1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Tony, Count me in. I afraid I have been tackling a bit of rot so there may be couple of spots of primer!!!

See you there

Peter :roll:

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby dhdove » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm

UPDATE

Dear All

Only a couple of days to go and the weather, dare I say it.........no perhaps not! I've had a day off today so have given the motor a bit of a birthday, even showed it the polish bottle!

I make ten cars confirmed - nice to pick you up along the way Vince, you'll be very welcome, ditto JaguarMike.

Mark Pearson
JED 1961
Steveww
mrb39
Could you confirm or otherwise please.

I look forward to seeing you all for coffee at ten, or at the museum if you can't make coffee.

Best Wishes
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

JED1961
Posts:40
Joined:Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 pm

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby JED1961 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Trying my best to get time off from work ??? I will do my best to be there the old girl could do with stretching her legs ,,shes only been to local shows this year :D

iain1980
Posts:79
Joined:Mon May 21, 2007 5:54 pm

XJS Forum End of Season Outing 2009

Postby iain1980 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello Tony,

Is it too late to count myself in for meeting at the hotel?
I could catch you up at the museum if it is a problem.
Either way would love to come

Iain.
'93 4.0 Auto Coupe Flamenco Red.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests