KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire
KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby dhdove » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:41 am

Dear All

That's great feedback, I really do think that everyone enjoyed themselves and had a most interesting day. Chris and co. really do know their stuff don't they!

If anyone else would like to post any comments please do so "as soon as", I will be dropping the team at KWE a line shortly to express all our thanks for their excellent hospitality and a most enjoyable day out. I will include some of your comments for possible inclusion in their next newsletter which will feature our visit. All those of you who filled in the form in the welcome pack should receive a copy.

For those who had to leave early, having fitted my air con belt Chris kindly offered to "gas-up" my new car. Unfortunately a screaming noise and heat from the belt area indicated a seized solid compressor :cry:
So if I want aircon that works it's a new compressor for starters and then follow up with all the other bits that don't work!
I've been here before unfortunately, last time the bill didn't quite get to £1000,00 :?
Perhaps that may have to wait a while 8)

Anyway I hope you all had a great time and I look forward to seing you again during the season. Libby and I will certainly be at Thoresby Hall on the Sunday, so see you all on the Forum stand then if you can make it there.

Best wishes and thanks for coming

Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby SimonR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 am

Tony - A massive thanks for arranging the visit yesterday Cat and I really enjoyed it and it was hugely helpful to have somebody as knowledgeable and generous as Chris showing us around our own cars.

He's shown me how much of a newby I am when I comes to these big Jags!! Thankfully my car wasn't as much of a shed as I'd thought it might be but there's still lots to do.

I'm going to write a letter to Chris and Theresa thanking them for their generosity and you can be sure that my car will be over there again in the fairly near future for a bit of TLC.

It was also very good to put a few faces to names and actually meet some forumers face to face!

If you'd like a short write-up of the day for inclusion in the JEC mag then I'd be more than happy to do it!

BFN

Simon R.
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby sahtas1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Dear Tony,
Our thanks to you (and Libby) for organising the day with KWE. Please pass thanks on to Chris, Teresa, Pete and Dave, their knowledge of our cars was excellent, much appreciated and will hopefully see many of them lasting for longer and in better condition. I have already started a KWE fund although it may be a few years before it is full enough to have 'the works' done! It was also good to see your new 'motor', it looks like a good one but we also now know the real reason why the previous owner had taken the belt off! :lol:
Thanks to all who attended, always seems to be a good bunch of people and a good mix of cars. Also our apologies for sloping off early, Dawn hasn't been well for a few weeks and I was glad she lasted as long as she did! See you all at Thorseby.
Ashley (& Dawn)

MichaelSB

Member
Posts:409
Joined:Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Location:Hanley Swan Nr Malvern

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby MichaelSB » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Mr T

Well I think you can mark up Saturday as a BIGGGGGG Hit with all who attended and I hope this translates into extra business for Chris and Teresa at KWE.

The knowledge that the KWE crew have between them could and should be an asset that all XJS owners access to the mutual benefit of all.

As they say use it or loose it, I think KWE demonstrated admirably why we should all use KWE!!!!!!!!!!!

My thanks to you Mr T and all at KWE :D :D :D :D
Michael


Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby dhdove » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:47 am

Copy of my e-mail to Chris Knowles


Dear Chris and Teresa

Just a note on behalf of all of us to express our thanks for our very enjoyable visit on Saturday. Everyone was most impressed with your encyclopaedic knowledge of the cars and the obvious enthusiasm for all that you do at KWE. It's heartening to meet people like yourselves in the trade who share our (at times, obsessive) love of the marque and attention to detail.

I'll let some feedback quotes from the Forum speak for themselves........

"Thanks for organising a brilliant day out . Lots of good tips and ideas together with good company and good hospitality"

"many thanks again Tony for organising such a great day and to all the team at KWE for their superb presentation and useful advice"

"Thanks for a brill day Tony and pass on our thanks to all at KWE for giving up their Saturday. Shame there wasn't more time available!
Very knowledgeable people and will definately be contacting them in the future"

"you can be sure that my car will be over there again in the fairly near future for a bit of TLC. Our thanks to you (and Libby) for organising the day with KWE. Please pass thanks on to Chris, Teresa, Pete and Dave, their knowledge of our cars was excellent, much appreciated and will hopefully see many of them lasting for longer and in better condition. I have already started a KWE fund"

"As they say use it or loose it, I think KWE demonstrated admirably why we should all use KWE!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Please do feel free to use any of the feedback quotes in your newsletter).

As you can see the response was overwhelmingly positive,and everyone was most impressed with the hospitality that you showed us.
I would like to express especial thanks to Theresa for the lovely refreshments that she put on for us which were delicious, I'm sorry that we didn't quite finish them off!

Also thanks to Pete and Dave for giving up their Saturday to look after us and sharing their in-depth knowledge of the cars.

I'm sure we would like to accept your invitation for a return visit next year and as you suggested perhaps we should come during the summer when the weather's a bit better. Here's to June 2010.

Several members of our group will be bringing their cars back to you for servicing and other work. For my own part expect to see me soon for a new air-con compressor, so that you can finish off what you started!

I do hope that you manage to ride out the current economic storm and wish you all the very best from us all for the future.

Very Best Wishes

Tony S
JEC XJS Forum Bulletin Board Events Co-ordinator.

PS Theresa - Cd-Rom with pics. is in the post today.
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

MichaelSB

Member
Posts:409
Joined:Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Location:Hanley Swan Nr Malvern

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby MichaelSB » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 am

Well said Mr T :D
Michael


Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby BigCatXJS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 am

My thanks to Tony and all those at KWE for a great day. I know that I have missed the opportunity to have my comments included in the letter of appreciation, but I thought I'd share them anyway :D

If KWE was a little close to home, I'd definately use them for my servicing/repair requirements. That said, once I sort my Volvo woes, I may well consider that nice AJ6 mod on the "Top Gear" XJ-S :D and ask KWE to commission.

Does anyone have any pics from the day? I was rubbish and only managed a couple (too busy pawing over the Top Gear XJ-S etc). The ones I do have may be found at http://www.richardjamestrading.co.uk/Public/ Under "BigCat Diary" choose the "+ 4 Albums In this category" link and then browse to "KWE Visit" (towards the bottom left).

Cheers, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

richard44

Member
Posts:5
Joined:Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby richard44 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:56 am

Tony,

A really excellent day and food for thought.

I am writing to Chris to thank him personally but also want to thank you and everyone else for the friendly welcome and for the other tips I received - tyres especially.

All good wishes

Richard

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby dhdove » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:46 am

Chris Knowles' reply

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the feedback - always nice to be appreciated! We all at KWE enjoyed the day too. As the business is a labour of love as much as commerce it's good to refresh the notion that sane people put a lot of care and cash into these great cars. It's nice to be able to add a little help.

As someone said, we could have done with more time. Maybe next time we'll get more driving and less of me waffling.

It's very heartening to see that some of the forum members will be coming back for some work - we can't live on air! Hopefully some members will join the KWE Club and enjoy some servicing discounts and a bit more one-to-one help from us.

Thanks for making it all happen Tony - and I look forward to seeing you soon. When you're ready for a new compressor etc, please let me know the VIN of your car and we'll get the parts in (including a belt!).

Best Regards,

Chris


Thankyou all for your comments and support, please keep them coming. I wanted to get my e-mail to Chris asap but feel free to contact him directly yourselves if you wish, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Will post some pics later on today hopefully - got to go shopping now :?

Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
sahtas1
Posts:38
Joined:Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm
Location:Northants

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby sahtas1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 pm

I have posted the pictures I took on the day into the forum gallery. You will find them as the most recent posting headed KWE visit.
Regards,
Ashley (& Dawn)

rainbowhardy
Posts:30
Joined:Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 pm

KWE Trip Saturday 28th March 2009 - CONFIRM HERE

Postby rainbowhardy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Thank you Tony and Libby for organising a great day out at the KWE. We had a great day. Thank you very much to all at KWE and to Tereasa for the bacon buttys and lunch. We gained so much knowledge from the day and this lead to some bad news about our car - Not to worry everything is repairable! After speaking to Dave and Pete we find ourselves more knowledgable and are able to tackle certain aspects of which were a little daunting before.

Regards

Philip and Ruby

:D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests