LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014 EVENT CANCELLED

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire
LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014 EVENT CANCELLED

Postby dhdove » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi All

We're nearly at the end of this year and I'm thinking of next years events.

I am arranging a visit to the Lakeland Motor Museum in Cumbria.
This will be mid- May 2014, either weekend 9/10 or 16/17 May 2014.
Based at the Best Western Hotel, Bowness on Windermere, Sunday will be a run from the hotel through the Lake District to the museum in the morning, departing from the hotel after coffee.
For those traveling from further afield, or who would like to make a weekend of it, there is the option of arriving Saturday morning for a tour of the best Lakeland roads on Saturday afternoon, followed by dinner at the hotel and overnight accommodation,
Sunday morning we meet at the hotel for a lakeside drive to the Lakeland motor museum.
You may stay at the hotel Sunday night as well if you wish.

I have arranged preferential rates at the hotel as follows....

FOR TWO PEOPLE.......
DINNER, Bed and Breakfast.
One night. £180.00
Two Nights. £330.00

Of course you may arrive Sunday morning at the Hotel car park, have a coffee, drive to the museum and go home, total cost, coffee at the hotel and museum entry.

I hope that this will appeal to XJS BB members, especially those members who live a bit further up north....... :-)

Dates and details are yet to be finalised but this will be the most ambitious XJS BB outing I've arranged to date and I would appreciate some early feedback, especially for me to gauge enthusiasm and numbers.
Prices are held for bookings made before 14th February 2014.

This is an initial post to gauge reaction. Please do post ASAP so I can estimate numbers and start to firm up arrangements.

Links here.....

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/the ... fault.aspx

http://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/

I do hope that you will find this an appealing and enjoyable weekend.

Very Best Wishes
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
raysearles

Member
Posts:397
Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby raysearles » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Tony

I was approached by a gent from the Lakeland Museum at the NEC today - I think he was looking to give us a members discount, will let you know when I get a chance to read the papers he gave to me today.

Regards
Ray
JEC Events Chairman

2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby dhdove » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:20 am

Ray

Thanks for that. I got an armful of leaflets from their stand but at the time no-one was there and the stallholder adjacent said they'd be gone looking around the show for a couple of hours so I didnt hang about.

TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby BigCatXJS » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Tony,

The hotel looks nice and the museum interesting. Plenty to do in a very pretty part of the country.

I need to check diaries etc (I know that I'm away from Sat 24th May), but I would be interested in going (with family in tow) staying for one or two nights.

Let me chew the cud and come back to this...

Cheers, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

User avatar
raysearles

Member
Posts:397
Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby raysearles » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Tony

Nothing in the pack beyond probably the same leaflets you picked up. Might be worth you picking up a conversation with the chap running the museum, he promised to send me a couple of free passes and if he thinks that the JEC is picking up on discussions he had at the Show he might send you a free pass or two for being the organiser - might be worth a go.

Be aware that the Prescott Hill Climb Day for the JEC is on May 18, so that might affect your planning and thoughts, hope you get a good response, perhaps I should invest in an XJS?
Ray
JEC Events Chairman

2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby Brakebuster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:17 am

Prescot is 11 miles from me, so i will be attending tha hill climb in stead

BB 8)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
jBlackwell

Site Admin
Posts:1055
Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Location:Cwmbran

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby jBlackwell » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Dont forget those who cant make this one, Simon and Ann are arranging a tour to the Lake District later in the year too.

http://www.jec.org.uk/events/71126/tour ... -tour.html

James

Simont485
Posts:117
Joined:Tue May 22, 2012 7:42 pm
Location:Suffolk

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby Simont485 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Tony

Put my name down as a definate. We would travel up on the Saturday and back on the Monday and amke a nice break of it too!!

It will be good to give the XJS a run like that. Only had it a few months and not done much driving in it!

Many Thanks

Simon n Jill
Simon

1994 Jaguar XJ12 6.0litre
1996 Jaguar XJS V12 6.0litre

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby dhdove » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 pm

BUMP :!:

OK, I'm underwhelmed.

I had hoped that this would appeal, especially to those members ooop north who find it difficult to get to meets further south.

I won't proceed with this unless there is some rapid support so will let this thread run for a few weeks then I'm cancelling. I can't keep the hotel hanging around........
Thank you to the couple who have expressed an interest, apologies that it looks like it won't go ahead.

Sorry!

TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014

Postby dhdove » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:26 am

LAST BUMP :!:

This event will be cancelled if it doesn't receive some immediate support................ :shock: :shock:

TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: LAKE DISTRICT TOUR 2014 - EVENT CANCELLED.

Postby dhdove » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Two weeks on and no further support so with regrets I am cancelling this event.
Shame as we were both looking forward to going!

If any members wish to visit the museum and stay at this Hotel do try ringing them, you may get the same deal.

For future reference I will take complaints from northerly based BB members that everything is arranged down South with a healthy pinch of salt :D

Never mind, maybe we we can go another time?

Best
TonyS
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests