Tyre options for 2010 LWB Portfolio?
Moderator:jagmanvaughn
Looking ahead to replacing all four tyres. However, receiving mixed messages from different tyre suppliers. Some say that recommended tyres must be fitted as they are manufactured especially for the car. E.g. Dunlop Sports Maxx with jag coding. Others say that other makes can be used. Confusing! Can anyone offer some advice or recommendations please.
Mr.O 2010 Indigo Blue XJ Portfolio LWB 3.0 Diesel
Re: Tyre options for 2010 LWB Portfolio?
Hi
My 2011 model is fitted with Dunlop Sport Max GT which I think were the standard fit.
I recently had a new XJ for a couple of weeks and this was fitted with Continental Sport Contact tyres. The Continentals were significantly quieter on the road and I also felt the ride was improved.
My 2011 model is fitted with Dunlop Sport Max GT which I think were the standard fit.
I recently had a new XJ for a couple of weeks and this was fitted with Continental Sport Contact tyres. The Continentals were significantly quieter on the road and I also felt the ride was improved.
Neil W
_____________________________________
2011 XJ L 3.0 D Portfolio Midnight/Jet
1994 Sovereign 4.0l Kingfisher/Saville
1999 XKR Convertible 4.0 s/c Anthracite/Ivory
_____________________________________
2011 XJ L 3.0 D Portfolio Midnight/Jet
1994 Sovereign 4.0l Kingfisher/Saville
1999 XKR Convertible 4.0 s/c Anthracite/Ivory
Re: Tyre options for 2010 LWB Portfolio?
Thanks Neil. Will have alook at them. Iam currently running on the Dunlop too.
Mr.O 2010 Indigo Blue XJ Portfolio LWB 3.0 Diesel
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Tyre options for 2010 LWB Portfolio?
All the major manufacturers now have specific codings associated with their recommended tyre brands. Dunlop and Contis are both regularly used on XJs, online tyre suppliers usually have both "JAG" versions and normal versions available. I would not get to hung up upon the specific Jag coding the important issue is to get the correct speed rating and the right front and rear sizes/profiles.
I am on Sport Maxxs now and find them acceptable but when you don't do a lot of miles you don't tend to change them often.
I am on Sport Maxxs now and find them acceptable but when you don't do a lot of miles you don't tend to change them often.
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
-
DaveNeedham

- Posts:38
- Joined:Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:23 pm
Re: Tyre options for 2010 LWB Portfolio?
https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/o ... oved-tyres
Goes some way to explain the differences.
Donkeys years ago my XJ40 lived on Pirelli P6000 tyres that were marked with a ‘J’
Goes some way to explain the differences.
Donkeys years ago my XJ40 lived on Pirelli P6000 tyres that were marked with a ‘J’
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest