Page 1 of 1
New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 pm
by jagpaul1
Hi all,just saying hello. I recently rejoined the JEC after a few years cat less and am considering an xjs. I have had xj6 (3 of ) and a 420 sovereign in the past and am now looking for a new project. Any guidance would be gratefully received.I would consider another 420 but they seem to be rarer beasts than when I last had one. Paul.
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:37 pm
by davidr
Hi there
We have an XJS forum run to Coventry Transport Museum on the 12th April. We'll be bringing our cars to park outside so there'll be an opportunity to see various types of XJS and talk to some knowledgable owners only too happy to help.
There is s separate string under XJS Forum Events with more details.
In any case, welcome and I hope you find what you're looking for!
Regards
David
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 pm
by ptjs1
Paul,
Give Brian Harris, the XJS Forum Co-ordinator a ring. I'm sure he'll be able to help you. If you want to talk further, do feel free to give me a ring also.
Regards,
Paul Sinnott
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:48 pm
by dhdove
Paul
Congrats on a very sound decision and welcome to the XJS Bulletin Board.
If you can make it in April I'll look forward to meeting you, do let us know if you are coming.
Best
TonyS
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:37 pm
by BRIANH
Hi Jagpaul 1
Thank you for your note on our BB of the 18/03/2014 and welcome back to the club. You will find the BB's a good deal different from when you left us I am thinking.
I have a Jaguar 420 of 1968 vintage. It is in Gold sand paintwork and has a new red leather interior. It has done 77750 miles in total.
The car had only had one registered owner from new up to 2006. It was sold when the owner, the widow of a local garage owner, died.
A chap bought the car but never registered it in his name or used it at all.
I then bought the car with the intent of finishing all of the work remaining, tappet adjustment, service and adjust the gear box and etc.
If you are interested then give me a ring in Essex, my details are at the head of the XJS Forum page or via the Forum BB.
The best of luck with us it is nice to hear that people still want to join.
Brianh
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 pm
by jagpaul1
Thanks guys just finished a long shift and am totally k-------d, so off to bed now, will try and reply to all asap. Thanks. Paul
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm
by jagpaul1
Hi Jagpaul 1
Thank you for your note on our BB of the 18/03/2014 and welcome back to the club. You will find the BB's a good deal different from when you left us I am thinking.
I have a Jaguar 420 of 1968 vintage. It is in Gold sand paintwork and has a new red leather interior. It has done 77750 miles in total.
The car had only had one registered owner from new up to 2006. It was sold when the owner, the widow of a local garage owner, died.
A chap bought the car but never registered it in his name or used it at all.
I then bought the car with the intent of finishing all of the work remaining, tappet adjustment, service and adjust the gear box and etc.
If you are interested then give me a ring in Essex, my details are at the head of the XJS Forum page or via the Forum BB.
The best of luck with us it is nice to hear that people still want to join.
Brianh
Hi Brian, sounds an interesting opportunity.Do you have any pics of 420?. Would possibly be interested dependant on price/condition etc also would have to establish how to transport to Derbyshire.
Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:36 pm
by jagpaul1
Unfortunately having a small op on 11th of April and from what they have told me it will be painful so doubt I will make Coventry trip.Sorry.

Re: New club member seeking guidance.
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am
by BRIANH
JagPaul 1,
Give me a ring, or I can give you a call (Which ever suits) and we can discuss the 420. As I said, I think it could be a very nice car when finished. I cannot pay enough attention to finishing it now. So I am afraid it will have to go.
Best of luck with your op this month and I will look out for your reply.
Cheers BrianH