Page 1 of 1

Hello from the East

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm
by Jagdcat
Hello All,

New boy here. I have recently purchased a 1996 Jaguar Celebration model from the auction of a museum of British cars that never got off the ground.

She is, for all purposes, gold with a rather sumptuous leather interior. I am yet to drive her; she is still down in Devon awaiting carriage on a lorry. I do intend to get her re-commissioned by either a 'friendly' main dealer (to preserve her FJSH) or an Indie based around Bury/Norwich - perhaps someone who you might recommend? Miles on the clock currently read just shy of 19.6k so am fingers crossed there aren't too many gremlins to sort.

Pictures will follow. I admit I intend storing her over winter and using for high days and holidays as she is a bit of a time warp and just so achingly beautiful!

Happy Days and hello to everyone.

JC

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 pm
by dhdove
Hi JC

Welcome to the XJS bulletin Board :D

How Lovely! Your car sounds amazing and such a late low mileage model, you must be as pleased as I am envious!

Gold? Is it Topaz? Did they do that colour that late on?
If so...it's my favourite! Tho Rob Jenner won't agree.....

Looking forward to seeing some pics soonest

Best Regards
TonyS

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:30 pm
by Jagdcat
Hi Tony

Topaz it is :) It is um, a very Jag colour so perhaps befitting of her time. She was first registered 1-4-96. Once I finally take delivery I will upload chassis number etc and some pictures.

I justified the purchase after a rather nasty health experience in September along with the reasonable logic it would compliment my BMW Z3 and reduce the miles both did.

I am looking forward to learning about the car but hope it doesn't have too many 'character building' traits!!

JC

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 pm
by Jagdcat
I forgot, I do have pictures..from the auction catalogue so, as attached - as you can see very gold...or Topaz.....take your pick?!

JC

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:36 pm
by BigCatXJS
Nice Cat - enjoy!

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 pm
by Simont485
HI

Nice car. Where abouts in the east are you. Im in Suffolk not far from Diss.

I have used Jcat in Norwich for a service. They are ok but I might use Jaguar dealer as I work in Ipswich.

Hope to catch up soon

Simon

Re: Hello from the East

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm
by PaulE
Little point in wishing you a Happy New Year as one will be guaranteed with such a find in your garage, although I will take the opportunity of doing so. I am involved with Lincs North region which is East-ish but perhaps too far north for you, but keep a lookouy for our events - you will be very welcome any time. (Perhaps a trip to Rockingham Castle on 27th April may be a good shakedown trip - there should be a good collection of XJS's there).