Is there a difference between being "mad" and &quo
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:47 am
I'm beginning to wonder actually!
I've been with the club a few years now but only recently acquired my first XJS. The "jag bug" took hold about five years ago and since then the obsession has set in big time. I have four jags. An XK8 Coupe (4.2), XJ8 (4.0 LWB), X Type (2.0 petrol) and my newest and oldest addition a 1992 reg'd 4.0 XJS coupe - Kingfisher blue (or is it green) with doeskin interior.
The XJS was a potential candidate for the scrappage scheme but fortunately the previous owner held out until a jag looney came along. Quite a few £'s later it is now running sweet, almost entire new braking and suspension system, re-cored rad, very clean looking underside and engine bay plus a full years MOT. The body work needs attention, all four arches, front and rear quarter valences showing rust and the interior needs a little bit of TLC too. But that'll have to wait for now because I want to enjoy the car.
Will take it down to France soon and see what this example of Jaguar grand touring is all about.
I've been with the club a few years now but only recently acquired my first XJS. The "jag bug" took hold about five years ago and since then the obsession has set in big time. I have four jags. An XK8 Coupe (4.2), XJ8 (4.0 LWB), X Type (2.0 petrol) and my newest and oldest addition a 1992 reg'd 4.0 XJS coupe - Kingfisher blue (or is it green) with doeskin interior.
The XJS was a potential candidate for the scrappage scheme but fortunately the previous owner held out until a jag looney came along. Quite a few £'s later it is now running sweet, almost entire new braking and suspension system, re-cored rad, very clean looking underside and engine bay plus a full years MOT. The body work needs attention, all four arches, front and rear quarter valences showing rust and the interior needs a little bit of TLC too. But that'll have to wait for now because I want to enjoy the car.
Will take it down to France soon and see what this example of Jaguar grand touring is all about.