Hello fellow Cat Lovers

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

Faf

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Hello fellow Cat Lovers

Postby Faf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:44 pm

I bought my 1996 4.0 Celebration from Clarkes 3 weeks ago and other than a few "age" related niggles she is a fantastic car. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so little bumps/squeaks etc have to be dealt with. In the last week I've replaced the front shocks, found the bump stops had long ago sheered off so replaced them also repacked the front bearings. One was too tight the other too loose! Next is the steering rack and anti roll bar mounts.
I've had a rear spoiler fitted so now need to make a relay to power down the aerial when i press the boot release.
Can anyone recommend a badge repairer as my bonnet badge is cracked?
I will attend a local meet to introduce myself and find out the finer details of XJS ownership :) (I'm based in Bristol)

Matt
Attachments
XJS Rear.jpg
XJS Front.jpg

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Hello fellow Cat Lovers

Postby davidr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Hello and welcome! Looks a lovely car. I have a Celebration myself and they're the dogs!
I had my badge repaired a few years back by some guys down in the West Country somewhere - forgotten their name now. They did a beautiful job and not expensive for the level of craftsmanship.
I'll look them up for you.
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Hello fellow Cat Lovers

Postby davidr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:39 pm

It was Pamela David Enamels. www.badgecraft.co.uk.

Faf

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Re: Hello fellow Cat Lovers

Postby Faf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Cool thanks David


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests