Page 1 of 1

XJS full Carpet set

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:08 pm
by XJSDave
Hi, Having sold my 2007 350 XJR Portfolio , Ive jumped ship and joined the XJS section of the club. Having owned a 1988 V12 some years ago, I have now purchased a beautiful 1995 AJ16 XJS peach. Collecting it from Preston driving back to Kent made me wonder why I ever left this model for Jaguar saloons in the first place, I love this car, something you can throw spanners at if need be. Needless to say there are a few changes to make e.g. carpets from the mid brown to black. Can any one recommend a supplier, I'll need the full set including doors coverage. Also I would like to change the colour of the dash, presently a wet sand colour to silk black, parking sensors and stereo to follow. If you're interested, I had an article published in our club mag last August Vol34 No8 "Old style or New, what floats your boat", glad I've gone back to 1995. Hope to be submitting another article soon.

Re: XJS full Carpet set

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:51 am
by davidr
Hello and welcome to the XJS Forum.
I can recommend Aldridge Trimming. They did a carpet set for my 1996 convertible and it fitted spot on. They took the trouble of asking me to send them the original floor mats so they could be sure they were using the right pattern and so they could transfer the fittings and heel pad. Price was reasonable too.
If you're thinking of writing an article that would be great - always keen to share member's experiences. Just send it to Nigel or myself along with a few high resolution photos.
Regards
David

Re: XJS full Carpet set

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 am
by XJSDave
Thanks David, look forward to my xjs future.