Page 1 of 1
Travelling to Europe
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 6:42 pm
by drjohnehunt100
Just been thinking about travelling to Europe with the F Type. A friend mentioned you might need to book a special / different carriage if you go by the Channel Tunnel - anyone know anything about this or whether there are any limitations on Ferry Travel?
John
Re: Travelling to Europe
Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 am
by karga
Hi John
I’m taking my F Type to Switzerland in July using DFDS Ferries: Newcastle to Amsterdam: I had no problem booking it, I took the car to Switzerland in 2019 before the lockdowns with P&O line from Hull to Zebrugge: no problem then: The ferries are very good and are used to handling very low cars: They are a little pricy but at least you get a good nights sleep before you start your journey through Europe: I’ve been through the tunnel before with my old Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport several years ago but that involved a 5 hour journey just to get to the tunnel: I live in North Yorkshire. Hope this helps.
Roy
Re: Travelling to Europe
Posted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:06 am
by drjohnehunt100
Yes thanks very useful.
Hi John
I’m taking my F Type to Switzerland in July using DFDS Ferries: Newcastle to Amsterdam: I had no problem booking it, I took the car to Switzerland in 2019 before the lockdowns with P&O line from Hull to Zebrugge: no problem then: The ferries are very good and are used to handling very low cars: They are a little pricy but at least you get a good nights sleep before you start your journey through Europe: I’ve been through the tunnel before with my old Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport several years ago but that involved a 5 hour journey just to get to the tunnel: I live in North Yorkshire. Hope this helps.
Roy