Leaky Sportbrake roof
Moderator:cawthrm
-
reholroyd287
- Posts:5
- Joined:Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:04 pm
I have a 2014 XF Sportbrake & noticed just after the warranty ran out that my windscreen was fogged up after it rains. I thought it was the screen leaking so I had it ultrasonically checked & it appeared to not be fitted properly, (original Jaguar). It was replaced & it seemed OK, but within a week or two of fitting the screen it started to fog again but not as bad. I thought it was the screen at first but while driving round a bend I noticed the interior lights in the roof turned themselves on & water was dripping from the sun visor clip on the nearside. I am now going to my friends body shop to drop out the headlining as he seems to think its the factory fitted roof rails not sealed properly. The Jaguar mat in the nearside footwell is wet but the carpet underneath is dry & the fabric cover on the underside of the n/s dashboard is also wet. Has anyone else had a similar problem. Regards, Rod.
-
reholroyd287
- Posts:5
- Joined:Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:04 pm
Re: Leaky Sportbrake roof
Hi, Update on the leaky roof. We pulled out the headlining at the bodyshop, (not easy) & although water is leaking into the passenger footwell an area about 18" square above the drivers head was covered with heavy condensation which was tracking across the roof lining & down the n/s door pillar. The roof rail is held on with 4 nuts which were loose-ish, we took the roof rail off & found the foam rubber washers were flattened. Replaced with new washes & sealed with mastic round the fixing holes & now everything seems fine. I'm going to pull off the scuttle panel in the next few days & check the pollen filter & the drain holes as a double check.
-
TimTaylor9

- Posts:2
- Joined:Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:51 pm
Re: Leaky Sportbrake roof
I too suffered a wet front passenger floor. I thought it was front scuttle or air/con. Local Jaguar dealership carried out a water test (I blamed their power wash at one stage). They said it was coming from the window seal. I had a new window 3 years ago. They also noticed that the roof runner clips on the near side were loose and fixed them. Since then there have been no leaks though there have only been 2 heavy showers and I have not driven the car in rain for a few months. A friend with a similar XF has the same problem but his windscreen is original. I will try a proper water wash this weekend and see what happens.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest