Page 1 of 1

Petrol Flap

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 am
by jimmy1945
I am having a problem opening the petrol flap on my XF, has anyone else had the same problem if so what did you do, it is a very poor design if you ask me.

Re: Petrol Flap

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 pm
by Rictus
A very common problem particularly on the older models. Having said that I have owned my XF for well over eight years and only had the flap stick for the first time last week! I squirted in some silicon spray on the left side where the catch is and it freed easily. You can use a credit card or brutally tug at the flap from the top to disconnect it (and then reconnect it - there's a video on youtube) but try lubrication first, just don't use a lubricant that will dry out such as WD-40.