Petrol Flap
Moderator:cawthrm
I am having a problem opening the petrol flap on my XF, has anyone else had the same problem if so what did you do, it is a very poor design if you ask me.
Re: Petrol Flap
A very common problem particularly on the older models. Having said that I have owned my XF for well over eight years and only had the flap stick for the first time last week! I squirted in some silicon spray on the left side where the catch is and it freed easily. You can use a credit card or brutally tug at the flap from the top to disconnect it (and then reconnect it - there's a video on youtube) but try lubrication first, just don't use a lubricant that will dry out such as WD-40.
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
