Driver’s Door Window

Moderator:cawthrm

rosemary

Member
Posts:418
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm
Location:Stokenchurch
Driver’s Door Window

Postby rosemary » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello Folks
Well it’s 94,034 mls the 3.0d Premium Luxury XF , I should be so lucky!!! that is , it’s started, on the slippery slope to oblivion, and the ending of Jaguar ownership after 20 years. The S Type is already gone waiting for the scrap man to come and get it. I just couldn’t burden another unsuspecting person with such a heap.
To be specific the Driver’s door window is struggling to go up and down. There are some clunking noises coming from the mechanism as the motor is closing the window. I’ve been on YouTube to see how the door card is removed , fairly helpful but it goes no further than that I.e. removing the trim. I’ve been on various sites to see the cost of motor and regulator if these need to be replaced, costs run between nearly £300 for motor and Regulator SNG Barrett and £112 for both from British Car Parts and everything in between. What l’d like know is this a common issue and has anybody any advice.
Dave
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury

rosemary

Member
Posts:418
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm
Location:Stokenchurch

Re: Driver’s Door Window

Postby rosemary » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Hello Folks
Quick update,I took my mates advice before dismantling anything and sprayed WD40 down the window guides, I had purchased a new Regulator including motor from Euro car Parts for £102 inc Vat but held off fitting until the WD40 result. I used a whole can, it was running out of the bottom of the door. Result window going up and down easily with little or no sound of clonking coming from the door. Now got a spare Regulator complete. Might take it back for a refund but dithering with the onset of fate.
Dave
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest