Page 1 of 1

Tyre choice

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:41 pm
by andypryce
Hi just for information if anyone interested: I had Pirelli P Zeros on my 2019 sportbrake. They were fine in summer months but definitely lacking grip in winter, when presumably the rubber hardened up. As they would soon need replacing I decided to do all 4 now as winter is upon us. After some research I went for Michelin Cross Climate2, and the difference is amazing. The car feels much more surefooted and no wheel spin pulling away at junctions which was getting tiresome before. No snow yet, but hoping they will be better on that, at least as much as a rear wheel drive automatic can be anyway….

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:47 pm
by jBlackwell
Hi Andy,
That's good feedback, I'm currently running on Nankang N20's and I am finding them really good, good levels of grip, but feels smooth and direct.
What was the price difference like between the Pirelli and Mitchelin's?

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:10 pm
by andypryce
Hi James

Not much, I think they worked about £180 each but there was a discount for Black Friday,about £650 fitted in total.

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 pm
by andypryce
Interestingly they only fit them in pairs and only one of each pair has the date stamp on them.

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:53 am
by jBlackwell
Thats interesting indeed. It makes sense they only fit in pairs, but a bit more expensive initially.

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:00 pm
by cawthrm
Well I have been running Nankang Sportnex AS2+ for a year when recommended by the member from whom I bought new wheels for the XF. Can't fault them (and I'm fussy!). Good dry and wet grip, no sidewall damage in potholes (fingers crossed), lower noise than most and decent wear. Very happy to have come across a more economical choice which does not immediately drive you back to the better know but more expensive brands.
Mike

Re: Tyre choice

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2024 9:04 pm
by haydnwh751
Hi, is anyone running the Pirelli P Zero 4G PNCS tyres? I'm looking at these for my 2016 XFS, the alternative being the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S which I ran on my previous 2009 XF and also have on my DB7 i6. They're just quite a bit more expensive at the minute.
Thanks
Haydn