XF new boy
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:23 pm
Hi all
I'm newish to the JEC and currently own 2 Jaguars; a 2014 model XFR-Sport 2.2 Diesel in ultimate Black and a 2001 S-type SE 3ltr in Anthracite. These follow a brief spell with one XJ40 about 10 years ago and a new X type diesel estate in 2005 - a brilliant car.
I used the XF as a business tool for the first 9 months, commuting to Germany a couple of times per week where it was absolutely superb. Moving work back to the UK and now with a 100 mile per day around the M25, I decided to buy the S-type to take on the mileage; the XF already has 28k on the clock so will be 'rested' for the next 12 months - used for high days and holidays
I've had a couple of issues with the XF which my local dealer; Harwoods Gatwick; have dealt with efficiently and professionally. However, the car let me down in August whilst driving to the Blackforest on the first day of our holiday!!!! It took ADAC and Jaguar a couple of days to sort out a loose inter-cooler connection, but we got under-way eventually.
That issue aside, I love the car and thinks it's vastly better than the Mercedes C class that preceded it in every way.
Jon
I'm newish to the JEC and currently own 2 Jaguars; a 2014 model XFR-Sport 2.2 Diesel in ultimate Black and a 2001 S-type SE 3ltr in Anthracite. These follow a brief spell with one XJ40 about 10 years ago and a new X type diesel estate in 2005 - a brilliant car.
I used the XF as a business tool for the first 9 months, commuting to Germany a couple of times per week where it was absolutely superb. Moving work back to the UK and now with a 100 mile per day around the M25, I decided to buy the S-type to take on the mileage; the XF already has 28k on the clock so will be 'rested' for the next 12 months - used for high days and holidays
I've had a couple of issues with the XF which my local dealer; Harwoods Gatwick; have dealt with efficiently and professionally. However, the car let me down in August whilst driving to the Blackforest on the first day of our holiday!!!! It took ADAC and Jaguar a couple of days to sort out a loose inter-cooler connection, but we got under-way eventually.
That issue aside, I love the car and thinks it's vastly better than the Mercedes C class that preceded it in every way.
Jon