Hi guys, I have been a Jag Man since I was about 10 when my dad bought an XJ6 4.2 saloon, (MYR 642L) and now I have achieved my ambition (at the age of 46) to own my own jag. I started 2 years ago with an X-type off eBay on a 51 plate which turned out to be a dog, lol, more of that in a later post, I then moved up to a V Reg S-Type, with private plate, which I loved but always felt looked dated compared to the facelift model, 18 months on I again moved up, this time to a 60 plate XF (which I got about 8 weeks ago), after transferring my plates from my old S my wife and I proceeded on a whistle stop tour of the uk, namely, Liverpool, Lake District, Ayrshire Scotland, Yorkshire and Southampton where we spent the new year on P&O Oceana, then back home to Torquay. The big Jag was faultless and effortless to drive.
I will try my hardest to attend the next meeting and hopefully meet you guys there.
Regards, Bob.
Hi newbie to the forum
Moderator:cawthrm
-
Jaguar2010
- Posts:3
- Joined:Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:02 pm
2010 60 Plate Premium Luxury 3.0 Litre V6 XF
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Hi newbie to the forum
Hi Bob
Welcome to the XF community - hope you will enjoy your car - don't forget to post some pics - and let us all know what model you have, and if you want to know more about it there is the clubs first ever XF seminar taking place in just a few weeks time, details on the website or by calling the HQ team at Bristol.
Look forward to meeting you at a meeting somewhere
Enjoy
Welcome to the XF community - hope you will enjoy your car - don't forget to post some pics - and let us all know what model you have, and if you want to know more about it there is the clubs first ever XF seminar taking place in just a few weeks time, details on the website or by calling the HQ team at Bristol.
Look forward to meeting you at a meeting somewhere
Enjoy
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
-
Jaguar2010
- Posts:3
- Joined:Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:02 pm
Re: Hi newbie to the forum
Hi Ray thanks for the welcome, I have got a 2010 60plate 3.0litre Diesel premium luxury XF, it's the first diesel car I have ever owned but after having a 3.0litre S-Type petrol producing 18miles to the gallon, and the XF cruising at average 42MPG, it will not be my last, lol.
I will try to make the seminar as well as the meeting and I hope to meet you there.
Bob.
I will try to make the seminar as well as the meeting and I hope to meet you there.
Bob.
2010 60 Plate Premium Luxury 3.0 Litre V6 XF
REPLY: Hi newbie to the forum
Hi Bob,
Greetings from the last newbie to post on here as well.
Apologies I have not done earlier but having recently escaped from the corporate world, I still do not naturally associate the laptop with "leisure" but have resolved to visit the sites and forums more regularly this year.
I hope you enjoy your XF as much as I have/do. I've clocked up a ridiculous 16k in 10 months but she has been an absolute joy and the best "(semi) retirement" present I could have bought myself.
Hope to catch up with you at an event sometime in 2014.
Cheers.
Keith T.
Greetings from the last newbie to post on here as well.
Apologies I have not done earlier but having recently escaped from the corporate world, I still do not naturally associate the laptop with "leisure" but have resolved to visit the sites and forums more regularly this year.
I hope you enjoy your XF as much as I have/do. I've clocked up a ridiculous 16k in 10 months but she has been an absolute joy and the best "(semi) retirement" present I could have bought myself.
Hope to catch up with you at an event sometime in 2014.
Cheers.
Keith T.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests